Friday, May 26, 2006

Puppies

For those of you that have known me for a long time. .. .I was never a pet person. My mom didn't like the care and maintenance of pets so we never really had any besides the occasional fish and the birds we rescued from the back yard one time. I never thought I would own a pet in my life because I just didn't see what the big deal was about them. Then I married Rob who is probably the biggest dog lover that I've ever met. From day one that we moved into our house - he started talking about bringing a dog home. I was scared he was going to bring this giant dog home so when our friends Colette and Shawn decided after having their pug for 2 weeks that they couldn't take care of him - I agreed to take him. Now if any of you have seen pugs as puppies - they are really cute! And I admit - I really didn't do much research into the breed of dog. We got lucky since pugs are a lot of dog packed into a little package! So we got our white pug that we named Maximus (Max) and I turned into a dog lover! Surprised myself even. I've turned into a sweeping/vacuuming fanatic because I don't want to be one of those people that you are scared to go over there because of the dog hair! I think I drive Rob crazy since I'm obsessive about not seeing dog hair! Anyway - a few months ago we decided that Max was getting lonely just having us humans to play with. ... and we got a black pug female named Roxy. It's still weird for me to admit but I love my puppies! It's so fun to come home and have them so excited to see you - even if you just went out to get the mail and came back. They don't like to be left out of anything though so I find myself usually with at least one or both of them following me around the entire house. I think I'm crazy for having two dogs and I know their no substitute for children - but for now they work! :)



Roxy and her bone



Puppies Sleeping



Maximus aka Max

No comments: