Friday, June 09, 2006

Landscaping - FINALLY!

Please excuse all the house posts lately but really this is the only other thing we have been doing lately besides going to work and church responsibilities. And this one we can't even really take credit for! After fighting our front yard for months with the out of control weeds and bushes, etc. - we were at a loss. We just didn't have the time or energy to figure out what to do! So we broke down and hired a landscaping company. The first company we hired actually went out of business before they even started our job (luckily we got our deposit back) but then we found this husband and wife team that we hired and we were so glad we found them. If any of you are in Arizona and need lanscaping work - I highly recommend calling Landscape Plus, Inc. Here are some before shots of the yard. Notice the ugly bush and the out of control bogavilla plant (I have no idea if I spelled that right but it's the one with the fuschia flowers).


Before Shot


Notice all the weeds? Oops



I don't know if you saw the huge out of control bush in the before shots . .. in that same spot you now see a tree. Apparently our bush was a tree this whole time and we had no idea! I am not a huge fan of the desert landscaping (I love my grass) but we decided for the front yard we'd rather have some low maintenance that looked nice. I can't wait for my new plants and trees to start growing! We added a new border as well but I didn't take a close up of that yet. Maybe when my plants start blooming!


So much better!


These plants will add more color when they start blooming




Finally I can not be embarrassed to have people see my house! Now we just need to get our carport enclosed to make a garage. And next year the project is the backyard.

3 comments:

Will and Natalie Giddens said...

Yea for a cute yard! I'm sure you are sooo glad to have that looking better. Can't wait to see pics of the flowers blooming.

Oh, and although I neglected to make a comment, I think your aqua laundry room is too cute. Good thing it's just your laundry room and not like your kitchen or something like that!

kristenita said...

it's a very cute house and the yard looks great. it's a good thing I don't live in arizona because I would HAVE to have palm trees - I think they are so cute, but I know they cost a fortune! owning a home is so fun, all the projects and it's so great when it's done to enjoy!
love kristen

Jessica said...

wow! the yard really looks fantastic. i can't believe that one bush was really a tree. that is crazy!