Monday, July 31, 2006

Problems with Electronics

This weekend was not a fun weekend at the Bodine house. There will not be any pictures to go along with this post and it will be explained why later on. On Friday night we came home from dinner with our friends to find out that our DVR was not working. To be honest this really was not a huge surprise to me since about 8 months ago we canceled DVR but it continued to work (along with movie channels). I notified the cable company but they never did anything about it . .. .so then we just kept quiet and enjoyed it! So Rob played with that machine for a few hours on Friday night trying to revive the shows he had saved up on there and had not watched but it was to no avail. I'll have you know though - that we are calling today to get DVR connected again since Rob has gotten so used to it then he can't imagine life without it. Makes me laugh.

On Saturday I got up and cleaned my house, went grocery shopping, got ready and then was sitting around wasting time watching some tv while I waited for a friend to pick me up to go to a baby shower. All of a sudden out of the blue - the tv just turns off! My dogs were sitting next to me so it wasn't them knocking something out. I fiddled with it for a little bit and Rob stopped in to pick up something he forgot (he works most Saturdays) and he played around with it a bit but we determined that it was a goner. Once again - not too surprised about this because it was a huge console tv from the 80's at least. Not my favorite tv by any means but it was a tv and it worked.

Rob turns 30 this September and I wanted to do something really nice for him so I've been saving up all year to get him a nice new tv. So when ours broke on Saturday, I agreed to let us get the new tv early but it was going to have to be a 32" inch instead of the 44" inch that he wanted because I had not saved up enough money yet. He agreed and off we went to Costco to get our new tv. We also made a stop at Walmart to get a basic black tv stand to hold our tv until we find the furniture that we really want.

Everything is going great and he's putting together the tv when he decides to go and look something up on the internet. Now keep in mind I have been using the internet all day to work on my primary sharing time for the next day and had used it right before we went to Costco. Well, something had happened to our computer now too! What are the chances of all this happening in one day? I was beginning to think that maybe we got hit by lightning with the storms last week but I know that didn't happen. Our brother in law is a computer whiz so he stopped by and thought perhaps we had a power surge which could fry our computer and other electronics. Great. Not a good thing. There was even a surge protector on the computer but it might not have been strong enough. So our brother in law took the computer for us and is looking at it this week. I'm praying he is able to fix it! The computer is less than a year old and was working fabulous! Not to mention it's really not in the budget to get a new one. And I have pictures that weren't saved to Snapfish yet. Not good. School starts in 3 weeks for Rob so we have to figure out something. I'm still hoping for the best! Luckily I have my computer at work but that doesn't help Rob out much.

As you can see - we had some adventures this weekend!

1 comment:

Kristen Michele said...

Wow, sounds like things were no fun for you guys! I have to agree with Rob hooking up the DVR again. We have one and I really don't know what I would do without it! I have gotten so used to skipping past commercials, that when I'm trying to watch "live" TV, it drives me crazy that I can't fast forward it. Plus, with 2 toddlers, its pretty much impossible to watch an entire TV show without missing something so I record everything. I'm sorry to hear about your TV also. My mom has one of those older console TVs too. Well, she did, but Javier just gave her his old 51" TV that he replaced last year. It works great and he just couldn't sell it. So she's loving that! Well, this is long, so I hope you're having a great week so far (other than all the electronics headaches!)