Thursday, August 24, 2006

Father's Day 2006

Sorry to go in reverse order here but our new computer finally arrived and a good friend was able to salvage our hard drive so my pictures survived!!

We happened to be in Washington State for Father's Day since it was the same weekend that my little brother Kevin graduated from high school. I found these frames at Hallmark that said "The best dads make the best grandpas" and inside the frame I did some playing around with clipart and had a picture of a stork holding a baby and the words "Picture arriving February 2007". I wrapped it up and on Father's Day we gave it to my dad. I wasn't sure he got it at first but then it seemed to click and he got a little emotional since it was his first news that he was going to be a grandpa. We thought it was a great Father's Day surprise! We did the same thing with Rob's parents when we got back to Washington but it wasn't nearly as climatic because they already have 7 grandkids.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

what a cute idea! i wish i were creative like that. i'm sure he's so excited. how are you feeling?

Christianne said...

That is the cutest picture! I love your picture you made and it makes the picture even better that your dad has little tears in his eyes. I'm glad you didn't lose it.

Kristen Michele said...

That is so sweet! I bet your dad is so incredibly happy :) What a great idea too! He didn't have any idea, did he? I saw you guys on Friday night or so and would never have guessed. Congratulations again!