Friday, August 11, 2006

Update: Computer is Dead

So we recieved word yesterday that our computer is dead and not coming back to life. I am very sad about that. Although my brother in law is still optimistic that he will be able to retrieve the hard drive and transfer files to a new computer. So I'm still holding out hope that some of my pictures are not lost forever! But now the hunt is on for a new computer which really isn't in the budget but kind of has to be since Rob starts school in two weeks and if I ever want to see him .... we need to have a working computer in the house! My dad notified me of Dell Outlet though where they sell refurbished, scratch and dent, etc type of computers. I'm checking everything out. So if you have any ideas - let me know!

1 comment:

kristenita said...

I have various posts on my blog about how much computers suck. GET A MAC!!! they have less problems. I know this is a touchy topic for some people, but after seeing aaron's new mac for school and all my own reasons for hating pc's and windows, I would definitely opt for a mac. looking for cheap computers: you could try overstock.com or even ebay... also my mom just bought a new PC laptop for like $200 at best buy or somewhere - everyone has back-to school sales right now... good luck