Monday, September 18, 2006

Anniversary!

So two years ago today is when Rob proposed! I am starting to think that we should start celebrating this date since our anniversary is right in between Christmas and New Years and we're starting to realize that it's going to be hard to ever celebrate that one on it's date due to the holidays and traveling, etc.

Two years ago - I had spent the day with my friends Nicole and Jen running around to different wedding reception locations. I knew Rob and I were going to get married so I needed to get somewhat of a head start since most people take a year or longer to plan a wedding, but Mormons like to pull it off in much less time! :) Well Rob had me convinced that the ring wasn't done yet (he picked it out) and I believed him. For weeks we had been talking about going to the Desert Botanical Gardens in Phoenix but hadn't made it there yet. So he came to pick me up that evening to walk around there right around sunset time and then we were going to go and eat. He was rushing me though and I didn't know what the big hurry was! It looked like it was about to rain so I was seriously questioning why we were still going to this place. We got there and grabbed an umbrella and he was hurrying me through the gardens since it was starting to rain. I am still clueless at this point even though we were practically running through the gardens and not even looking at anything! We finally get to this overlook point and I see a HUGE bouquet of roses with a ring box in the middle of them. I stopped in shock and then saw Rob get on one knee and propose. I didn't even cry because I was in such shock! Nicole and Jen had been in on the whole thing and had been talking to Rob all day long without me knowing and set up the arrangement. So they were there to take some pictures afterwards for us since they didn't have time to sneak out of the gardens without me seeing them. At this point it was totally pouring rain! It was a cute spot that he proposed at but to this day it still seems like a blur since I was shocked. I guess he had planned to propose on his birthday (the 22nd) but couldn't wait another 4 days. :)

No comments: