Thursday, September 28, 2006

Half Way There!!

So today marks the end of week 20 of my pregnancy - which means I am officially half way there! I have to admit that everyone was right about the 2nd trimester being so much better. It took me a while to believe it though since I still have major food aversions through week 17 and was still throwing up a lot. But my doctor gave me the go ahead to just take Flinstone Vitamins and since then - I seem to be getting better each day and haven't been losing my stomach as much! I still can't eat Mexican or BBQ food which were two of my favorites before . . . but at least most other things sound good and I can start to make dinner again.

My little belly seems to be growing a lot more rapidly in the last couple of weeks which is obviously to be expected but still surprising to me how fast it changes! I had my first comment from someone who didn't know I was pregnant. A cute little lady at church (who I don't see very often since I am in Primary with the kids on Sundays) came up to me last Sunday and asked me and followed quickly up with "well you were just so little before - I had to ask". Well thanks lady for making me feel HUGE! lol. I know I just need to be prepared since my belly is just going to keep on growing!!

I am still getting tired pretty fast but I'm trying to get a lot of things done while I have the energy - since I keep on being warned that it gets harder as you get further and further along. I've already started getting pieces of my bedding set (found new on ebay) and am working on getting some of the other accessories as well. I'm trying to get a couple of pieces of furniture refinished in the next couple of weeks and then I will get to work on painting the bedroom (my doctor gave me the go ahead). Over Rob's winter break - we will be putting up a beadboard panel around the nursery which I think will be really cute! So I will do as much as I can without his help since he is super busy with a full schedule at school, 6 hours of student teaching a week, working full time and the first counselor in Young Men's (in charge of Varsity scouts).

I have other pictures but it won't let me post them . .. . so sorry - this is going to have to do for now!

6 comments:

heidi said...

wow! cute little tummy! when i was that big, i always wanted to wear tight tee shirts so that i would look more pregnant. it was tough being stuck in limbo between regular clothes being too small and maternity clothes being too huge. i remember shopping with my sister and these little skanky girls looking at me and wondering why i was shopping there because i was fat. i wanted to shout, "i'm PREGNANT!"
how's that for a random story?

heidi said...

ps. i LOVE beadboard!

Christianne said...

I think I am a little bigger than you and 5 weeks behind so I guess that is what to expect for next time :) I think the little belly is cute but heidi is right the limbo is terrible

Will and Natalie Giddens said...

LACHELLE!!! Girl, you and your tummy are toooooo cute! Seriously, I can't wait to see a whole body shot. Darling!

And I'm pumped to see what you do w/your nursery. You seem to have tons of cute ideas!

Congrats on making it 1/2 way. I'm glad you're starting to feel better. I didn't have any real aversions to any kind of food, but I tell you what, the last couple of months or so, no matter WHAT I ate, I got heartburn. Even something simple like drinking a glass of water gave me heartburn. I seriously went through a BIG thing of Tums during the last month alone. It was so yucky that once I'd had Everett I was shocked to be able to eat Italian food and be perfectly fine!

Ok, so why I followed Heidi's leap into randomness, I have no idea... :-)

kristenita said...

congrats - half way there!! cute belly. I had a lady (not cute or old, just tactless) in my old ward come up to me the day I announced I was PG and she said the same thing "I was WONDERING, since you have always been so slim until now!" hello? I guess people don't think before they talk and NOONE remembers being pregnant makes you MORE SENSITIVE. oh well, at least we can blog about them behind their backs!

yay for being able to eat more foods! and yes, buy some tums; they are my dessert now (mixed fruit are my favorites).

Anonymous said...

damn those titsare nice