Monday, October 23, 2006

Weekend Projects

I don't know if anyone else is like me and crams tons of projects into the short weekend time span . . but it is starting to wear me out! I'm in the second trimester or what everyone seems to call the best part of pregnancy. As a result - I am already starting my major nesting phase. I'm working so hard at taking care of things around the house and getting projects done before I get too big and uncomfortable!

This weekend was no exception! I was feeling really ambitious and decided it was time to paint the nursery. So on Friday I went and picked up the paint and supplies from Home Depot and Rob helped me with the taping of the room. My doctor okayed me painting as long as I kept the room well ventilated, used latex paint, and took plenty of breaks. Rob's rule was that I wasn't allowed to stand on a chair. He said he would take care of the high parts of the room.

With those rules in play - I woke up Saturday morning and did the priming coat and Rob took care of the top portion before he left for work. I managed to get both coats of paint on and then had to wait for Rob to get home that evening so he could finish the top portion. I'm happy with how it turned out. It matches a green in my bedding perfectly! And with all my pink accents and white furniture - it should turn out to be a very cute and girly room. I'll post pictures on here but it's really hard to tell what it looks like from the picture! Tonight we're supposed to put together the crib so I will continue to take more pictures as the room comes together. :)



4 comments:

Kristen Michele said...

It sounds like it's going to be so cute! I can't wait to see pictures as you work on it. How have you been feeling? I haven't talked to you for awhile. Oh I found Laura on myspace. She e-mailed me yesterday. Well, take care of you and that baby :)

kristenita said...

nice! I miss being in a house & being able to paint. glad you are feeling good and energized. I wake up with these big intentions of all the things I am going to clean, organize, cook, etc & I am lucky if I get one project done before I am wiped out!!! craziness, but it's all fun. make sure you REST some too :)

The*Evans*Family said...

Looking good! I'll need to come over and see the finished product! Getting a nursery together is so much fun.

Will and Natalie Giddens said...

Wow, with a paint job like that, I can't wait to see the completed nursery! You are amazing for tackling a big project like that. How a/b more cute preggo pictures please???