Thursday, November 16, 2006

3D Ultrasound




Rob wasn't fully convinced that we really are having a girl and I heard everyone rave about these 3D ultrasounds . . . so I found a place in downtown Phoenix that had good reviews and would do it at a reasonable price. We had the appointment yesterday and we both just loved it! We were able to see how much she has grown, receive definite confirmation that she is really a girl, see that she has all her fingers/toes, etc. She was a little stubborn though and didn't let us get any really good face shots! She was either hiding behind her own hands or the placenta. We tried everything to get her to move from toe touches, to lots of sugar, etc. and she was moving plenty but just didn't want to show us her face. I'm a little worried from the glipmses of her face that we did get - that she is going to have the White/Robins nose combo that I inherited! I'm really hoping she comes out with the Bodine nose. She had her ankles crossed the entire time and kept sticking her hand, fingers, or her arm into her mouth which apparently is normal at this stage. It was fun to see though since I was a thumb sucker from birth! Rob loved the ultrasound so much that he asked if we could pay to go again in a few weeks. :) I'm not so sure about that one since she should be making her arrival in 13 weeks anyway . .. but maybe we'll break down for another view of her!


And in other exciting news - I start the 3rd trimester today!! Wow.

6 comments:

Jessica said...

so cute! i remember when i was pregnant with ethan at 36 weeks we had our last ultrasound (we had a lot because of minor complications) and when i saw the 3D shot of his face my first thought was "oh no, look at that nose." and then i immediately felt guilty for that being my first reaction to seeing my baby. oh well. now i think his nose is really cute.

i love the picture of her ankles and feet. so darling! its hard to believe you're already in the third trimester. that means I'M almost in the third trimester! that is so crazy. anyway this is rambling and long, so sorry!

Emily C said...

Those 3D things are so cool. You really get a sneak peak at the baby. How sweet she looks already. I'm so excited for you!

how much do those things cost? ARe we talkin' hundreds or less?

Emily C said...

Oh yeah... after seeing a glimpse of her, any names inspire you yet?

I don't know why I'm so obsessed with baby names, but I am! :)

lrbodine said...

Still no name ideas yet! Working on it. But this part is just really hard for us to agree on! And we got these 3D ultrasound pictures done for $85. We thought that it was pretty reasonable considering it was a 15 minute session with lots of pictures.

heidi said...

i am definitely going to spring for the 3-D ultrasound next time. it just looks too fun. i was too frugal the first time around. your baby is only in the womb once right? and $85 is a great price. the cheapest i saw it for was about $150.

The Blakes said...

Love the pics! After we found out we're having a boy, I started some serious shopping. Then my husband got concerned and said, "What if they made a mistake?". I'm pretty sure that he's a boy unless she's growing a third leg!

It's so good to meet up with you again via cyberspace! Sorry it's taken so long to reply. I've been checking your blog regularly, can't wait to see your little princess! I'm not quite 6 months yet, but already anxious for Ty to arrive!