Wednesday, November 08, 2006

99 and Counting

I really just dont have that much to blog about lately! But I have a little pregnancy ticker on my desktop that told me today that if I deliver on my due date - it's only 99 days away. Kind of crazy to know that it's below 100 days now.


I do need to ask my blogging friend community a question though! Do you have any girl name suggestions? Rob and I are still nowhere near coming close to picking a name (besides the middle name of Colleen). So we've gotten in the habit of asking everyone around us for suggestions. I think we're both hoping that one of these times - one of the names will just stand out to us and we'll know that it's the right one to us. At this point though - I would take just having a limited amount of options. We want something that is somewhat unique but not totally off the wall. And we'd like it to somewhat go with Colleen too! :)

So please - offer any and all suggestions of names! We need some help.

7 comments:

Christianne said...

okay girl names - ready? Our ward seems to have a bunch of nice but not super common...Alora (alice + laura), Bailey, mckenna, shelby, Kiera, Shaylin, Whitney, Chloe, Riley, Sierra, Aubrie, Paige, Shantal, Paisley, Ariana...well I guess that is all I can think of. Some are more common than others but not overused.

Will and Natalie Giddens said...

Ok, some that I've heard recently (some common, some not-so-much): Olivia, Kylie, Kayleigh, Kate, Grace, Sophie, Riley, Alyssa, Elle, Mya, Taylor, Mackenzie, Shayleen, Shonte, Shellee, Kennedy, Kira, Hannah, Jesse, Mikayle, Annabelle, Sidney, Diane, Soleil, Rebbie, Reva, Coral, Clarise, Clairissa, Avery, Wendy, Cara, Cindra.

That's all I can think of right now. If I think of more, I'll add on!

Rob and Sarah said...

How about some fun celebrity baby names: Emerson, Emmy, Sadie, Miley, Camryn, Kendall, Arden, Georgia, Ruby, Jamison, Clara, Saylor, Georgia, Cicely, Tatum, Sydney-at least those are some of the more normal ones. Names are hard. I had to have Rob choose Callie's name in the hospital 2 days after she was born. She was baby girl Lambourne for the first few days of her life and it still took me about a month to even get used to the name Callie but now I am happy with it. Good Luck!

heidi said...

one of my all time faves is athena. i also really like iris, larisa, arianna, sasha, tatiana, carmindy, britney spears, that's about it. someone one told me that i would have no problem with people stealing the names that i like, what does that mean?

Jamie & Johnny said...

Hey Lachelle, how about Maryn or Dakota? Those have been a few of my favorite. This is so hard. I didn't have a choice in naming my son. I knew we'd name him after my husband. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

my favorite thing to do was check out baby name books from the library (or online) and keep a piece of paper for a list of names I liked... there are definitely some crazy ones and very crazy spellings - apple, nevaeh (heaven backwards pronounced ne-vay-ya) - but some good ones you will stumble across. while we were driving out to NY, we pulled out the atlas and started lisint off random cities as optional names... what about colleen for her first name?

Emily C said...

The newest baby girl names in our ward that I can remember are:

Zoe
Sequoia
Samantha
Ella