Sunday, December 03, 2006

Christmas Pajamas

My parents have had this tradition for as long as I can remember where the Saturday after Thanksgiving we would spend the whole day decorating for Christmas, go and cut down our tree, and then end the night with a pizza party. At this party we would each get a new Hallmark ornament that represented that year in some way and also we got our Christmas pajamas at this point since my mom wanted us to wear them the whole month.

Last year was the first year that I didn't have Thanksgiving at home but instead we met at my aunt's house in Utah. With my mom being the one that always did this stuff - I helped my dad so we could continue the tradition. So we got Misti and her family to join in on the ornament and pajama idea and have done it with them these last couple of years. It was only my dad, Tysen, Kevin and Rob and I since two of my brothers are on their missions right now.

Here are a couple of pictures of us in our pajamas. They aren't the best pictures but we were all pretty tired at the point we were taking them! We decided Rob probably has the funniest faces in both of them. He was pretty sick the whole weekend and nursing a tooth he got pulled that week also so he was a champ! Misti and I have matching maternity pajamas since we are both expecting in 2007. Everyone else went with some variation of black and red.


2 comments:

Jessica said...

what a great tradition! i love that idea. we've done the ornament and jammies for the kids on christmas eve, but i like the idea of being able to enjoy both for the whole christmas season. maybe we'll have to do thngs differntly next year.

you look so great! how are you feeling?

The*Evans*Family said...

I love the pajama tradition! We get ours on Christmas Eve, but I like the idea of being able to wear them all month long. Too bad I already have them wrapped and under the tree!