Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Christmas Poll

Since I have gotten this Christmas Poll/Survey from quite a few friends recently - I figured I should just post it on my blog. Then everyone else can answer it and post it on their blogs too! :)


1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?? I like them both! Only light egg nog though - it tastes different to me.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa wraps the smaller presents but leaves the big ones out next to our stockings.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Haven't put them up yet this year but white on the tree and outside.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? no

5. When do you put your decorations up? After Thanksgiving. Since I traveled this year - it was the Monday after Thanksgiving. I'm waiting for Rob to get done with finals so we can get our tree up and the lights on the house!

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Cornflake potatoes (or funeral potatoes)

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: Getting our new ornaments and pajamas the Saturday after Thanksgiving and decorating the tree.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I was about 7 when my friends told me and then I found the presents hiding downstairs. Although I still never said anything to my parents!

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Only Hallmark ornaments and plain colored balls are allowed on my tree and white lights.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? I like going to the snow and skiing, etc but I'm sure glad I don't live in it anymore! Yay for Arizona.

12. Can you ice skate? Not very well at all!

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I've had a few but my senior year in high school my parents sent all the kids on a scavenger hunt around the house and at the end we found tickets for us all to go to Hawaii.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Enjoying time with family and friends.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Too many of them! I love all the Christmas goodies.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? I have too many - I love the ornaments and pj's tradition and my parents always had us do the 12 Days of Christmas which was always fun! And Christmas morning we always had a special Christmas cereal, cinnamon rolls, and hot chocolate and egg nog.

17. What tops your tree? A big red bow

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Both! :)

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Love the Dean Martin version of "baby, it's cold outside"

20. Candy Canes! yuck or yummy? Yummy - I even love the other flavors besides peppermint.

21. Favorite Christmas Movie? Elf and Polar Express

1 comment:

Kristen Michele said...

I'm so behind on reading your blog. Busy Busy Month!! Anyway, I love that you only put Hallmark ornaments on your tree. I love them!! This year, Phoenix got the Disney's Cars ornaments of Mater & Lightning McQueen which is definitely our coolest ornament. And of course, my mom buys them their Baby's Christmas ones that are of the little girl and boy and represent which Christmas it is for them (3rd, 4th, etc). I even got Javier the Firefighter Hallmark ornament this year and he hates ornaments, but loves that one!! Gotta love Hallmark :)