Friday, December 15, 2006

Christmas Season or the Pregnancy?

Lately I've had the pleasure of many random strangers talking to me and being really friendly. I first thought it was maybe just because it's the holiday season and people had the "christmas spirit" but now I'm pretty convinced it's due to my unmistakable pregnant belly. It's kind of funny! I really don't mind because people overall seem very happy and excited for me and it's always fun to have people ask you how you are doing. It just throws me off every time it happens because I'm not used to it. And it seems to happen everywhere from going out to eat to the grocery store! Although it does lead to some experiences that I would rather not have .... .take for example my trip to the post office yesterday: I headed there around lunch time to pick up mail for work and needed to stand in line to get some certified mail. I'm standing there wearing a purplish shirt and this nice lady behind me starts talking about my shirt and how much she loves it. Then it moves on to my pregnancy and when I'm due and what names we have in mind, etc. Now she was a very sweet old lady but REEKED of cigarettes and body odor and insisted on standing there talking to me with her hand on my arm. And to top of it off - she had a big booger hanging out of her nose. I wanted to tell her about it but she just kept talking and to be honest - I was doing everything I could not to pass out or throw up from the smell of her! The joys of being pregnant and having the supersonic nose. :) It was a good story to laugh about later and I think next time I go to the post office I'm going to make sure this lady isn't around . . .. .

Other than having some funny experiences - things are going pretty well. I'm down to the single digits of weeks left! Only 9 (if she arrives on time). I'm panicking a little bit but trying to just focus on Christmas for now and then worry about the baby stuff after.

2 comments:

Rob and Sarah said...

Funny story! Having strangers talking to you only gets worse when you have kids especially a newborn. That's when you have strangers that want to keep touching your baby. I always hated that and didn't want to be rude and say "stop touching my baby!". I always tried to keep inching the baby out of the strangers reach but people are very forward when it comes to babies. Some people will even ask to hold your baby so start planning good excuses now!

kristenita said...

at least that lady kept her hand on your arm and not on your BELLY! random strangers - when did it become ok to touch my stomach???