Monday, January 15, 2007

100 Things About Me

Here are my 100 things:

1. I am the oldest and only girl in my family and have 4 younger brothers
2. I never shared a room until college.
3. I have never broken a bone.
4. I began wearing glasses in 3rd grade when my teacher realized that anything she put on the board I couldn’t see and got bad grades on!
5. I ran cross country for 4 years in high school - I was pretty crappy my first two years but by the time I reached my senior year I was on varsity and even brought home a few 1st place ribbons.
6. I have run a half marathon.
7. My goal in life is still to run a marathon. I used to want to qualify for Boston but now I’ll just take completing at least one marathon.
8. I have played the piano since I was 5 years old.
9. I graduated from BYU with a degree in Communication Studies and a minor in business management and currently work as a receptionist and use none of the things I learned in college.
10. I worked for 3 years in high school as a waitress at an assisted living center.
11. I never hit the snooze button.
12. I volunteered at the 2002 Winter Olympic Games and while it was an experience – it was an experience I will never volunteer for again!
13. My first concert was a Boyz to Men concert in 8th grade.
14. I got my braces taken off the day after school pictures in 9th grade – so I did not show my teeth in that years picture.
15. My friends and I formed a book club in 3rd grade. We would hang out at each others houses and just read and not talk.
16. I never thought I was an animal person but married a man who loves dogs. We got our first dog when he was a puppy and followed it up by getting a second dog. I couldn’t imagine my life without my dogs now!
17. I hate dog hair. I am notorious for vaccuming constantly and taking a lint brush to everything. I even lint brush my dogs and they love it!
18. I have never gotten a speeding ticket (knock on wood).
19. I love CafĂ© Rio but during pregnancy I haven’t liked it very much and it’s quite sad!
20. I love making lists on sticky notes.
21. My roommates at BYU all thought they were going to be getting a black roommate because my name is Lachelle Tenae.
22. After college I moved down to Arizona with no job, no friends living here at the time, and just a place to live. I gave myself a year to stay here. It’s been almost 5 and looks like I won’t be leaving any time soon!
23. I can’t whistle.
24. I can’t snap my fingers.
25. I still wear either a mouth guard (for teeth grinding) or my retainer every night to bed.
26. I have worn contacts since I was 12 but have the world’s thickest glasses that I put on every night right before bed. Count yourself lucky if you have seen me wear them.
27. I really don’t like water but I make myself drink at least 8 glasses a day.
28. I love just about everything with peanut butter in it but I hate actual peanuts in my food!
29. When I was doing Jerusalem Study Abroad, I daily was mistaken for an Arabic women.
30. I have learned that I can pass for many different nationalities and no will question me!
31. I moved 12 times in just 2 states (Utah and Washington) before I was 8.
32. I went to 3 different elementary schools.
33. I grew up with a cemetery in my backyard and it never bothered me.
34. I love shopping and finding deals.
35. I went to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico on my honeymoon.
36. I have lots of favorite shows: 24, Lost, The Office, Grey’s Anatomy, and the Amazing Race. Thank goodness for TIVO/DVR!
37. I love to travel but have yet to make it to Europe!
38. I love sports – especially if it is BYU related.
39. I married a man who doesn’t love sports and really doesn’t like BYU.
40. I love baking. If it isn’t good for you – I will probably love it!
41. Cheesecake is my favorite dessert.
42. I can’t drive a stick shift car.
43. My car in college was nicknamed “big blue”. A Chevy Lumina with a big dent on the side that my brother put in. She died on the middle of University Avenue shortly after I graduated from BYU.
44. My first car that I bought was a 99 Toyota Corrolla. I am still driving this car and plan to drive it until it dies. Love it!
45. I worked at the Testing Center at BYU and when I moved down here had tons of people recognize me from there and from the library!
46. I love to clean. Especially with some good music blaring.
47. Before I got pregnant – my closet was color coordinated.
48. My little girls clothes are hung up in size order in her closet.
49. I have curly hair but it has been curlier some years than others so I mostly straighten it these days since it straightens easily in the dry Arizona weather.
50. I took French for 4 years in high school and was pretty good at it. But changed my mind on being an English Teacher in college because they wanted me to take 2 years of a language and it terrified me!
51. I was extremely shy growing up but have gotten a little better over the years.
52. I love to decorate my house but don’t have enough money so you probably can’t tell!
53. I have a fear of confined spaces and heights although I have no problem flying!
54. In 6th grade I wrote a children’s book and got it published and won a contest. I don’t even know where my copy of the book is anymore and it must have been published locally.
55. I always wanted to be a writer or a reporter. I changed my mind on the reporter part because of my shyness factor though!
56. I love scrapbooking but I’m very behind.
57. I love e-mailing and using google chat.
58. I’ve always wanted 4 kids. Number 1 is on her way so I reserve the right to change my mind after her arrival.
59. I used to say that I would never get engaged fast but had to eat my words when Rob and I were engaged 6 weeks after we first met.
60. I screen my phone calls.
61. We closed on our first house 10 days before the wedding.
62. Our first home is a HUD home that has needed lots of loving care. We have fixed up a lot but still have a long ways to go!
63. I love ice cream.
64. I love donuts.
65. I’m scared to have a girl because I don’t know how to do hair. I can hardly do my own!
66. I was really nerdy growing up and had no idea at the time. I was quite happy!
67. I finally learned what style was during college and have improved with each year.
68. I almost always wear earrings but have a hard time with remembering to wear other jewelry.
69. I check my e-mail numerous times a day.
70. I snore but never knew this until college because I had never shared a room.
71. I would love to get Lasik but am very freaked out about being awake during surgery on my eye!
72. I have been to Disneyworld more times than Disneyland.
73. My family is notorious for planning vacations around sporting events and our favorite teams.
74. My favorite holiday is Christmas but I also love my birthday too.
75. I’m a major control freak.
76. I am really independent.
77. The name I always wanted to name my little girl (Lanae) was ruined by being Rob’s high school girlfriend of 3 years.
78. I am a major planner.
79. I like things done on my time schedule which unfortunately doesn’t always work with others!
80. I am the shortest one in my family at 5’3.
81. I’ve only had stitches once and it was Christmas day when I was 4. I hit my head on the corner of a coffee table and got a cut behind my ear.
82. I was an amazing swimmer and probably should have been on the swim team in high school but my best friend was doing cross country so instead I joined that team.
83. I played soccer from the time I was 3 all the way through high school and then intermurals during college. I was never really THAT good though.
84. I coached a 12 year old girl’s soccer team when I moved to Arizona and then won all of their games.
85. I love hot chocolate. I will even drink it in the Arizona summers sometimes!
86. I hated country music until I started at BYU. Now I listen to it a lot!
87. My favorite band all through high school was Pearl Jam. I was very much into the Seattle grunge bands like Candlebox, Live, Soundgarden, etc.
88. I hate to wear shoes.
89. I am horrible at all video games.
90. I swore I would never get married near Christmas but I did – 5 days after!
91. I love the beach but live a good 5 hours away from one!
92. I visit Target at least once a week.
93. My only 4.0 semester at BYU was my last one there where I had hives and mono for the last month of the semester and didn’t attend any classes.
94. I took a bowling class at BYU not to learn to bowl better but because the teacher was the BYU baseball coach.
95. I met Rob’s sister, brother, and parents 2 years before I ever met Rob.
96. I am really good at procrastinating at work (hence this list) but still manage to get everything done.
97. I can’t wink.
98. I hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon and back with my dad and brother when I was 14 in one day.
99. I love visiting the snow but I hate living in the cold.
100. I have collected business cards, magnets, and salt and pepper shakers. I still have quite a few of the salt and pepper shakers but they are boxed up because I really have no place to put them. Not to mention Rob thinks we would look like our grandparents if we put them up! (And I admit that I agree with him on this one)

4 comments:

Jessica said...

i love your list! there were so many things that i can totally identify with. like fore instance, i too love making lists on sticky notes (in fact i'm surrounded by about 3 different notes right now at the computer), i don't like water either (although you're better than me, because i rarely remember to force myself to drink 8 glasses a day), and i screen my phone calls as well.

i'm glad you posted. hope you're doing well.

heidi said...

#66 hit home with me. i always thought i was normal and even a little cool.
a fun list. i learned a lot!

Rob and Sarah said...

Love your list! Don't worry about doing your little girls hair because you will do fine with practice. I am completelty hair illiterate but now I have had some practice with Callie's hair but I still have a lot to learn too.

Emily C said...

great list! I had no idea you were engaged after 6 weeks!!! I can't even imagine!! hahaha. that is funny that your husband dated a girl with the name Lanae - becuase it's not a popular one and I've never heard it before. this name should not go to waste!! it's super cute!!