Thursday, January 11, 2007

35 Weeks

So today marks 35 weeks of completed pregnancy. If I deliver on my due date - that is only 34 days away! Unfortunately there is no telling whether she will arrive early or late. I asked my doctor and he just laughs at the question and told me he would be a very wealthy man if he could predict those things. So the waiting game is in full swing! I'm definitely at the stage where I am sick of being pregnant. Its hard to sleep, I have shortness of breathe, I can't eat very much and when I can eat I have major acid reflux, not to mention the nausea stage has come back! At the same time - I don't quite feel like I'm ready to be a mom and have this baby and I'm perfectly ok with her staying in there a while longer. I guess that is why pregnancy is an average 40 weeks! I haven't full comprehended everything that is going to change and I'm still in denial. It doesn't help that my ward put me in as Primary President in November. Although it's been nice because I've been so focused on getting everything ready with that calling that I keep putting off my fears and worries of labor, etc. :) So there is a plus side! And it is really fun to feel all of her movements - although not when she keeps me up in the middle of the night. And it is fun to have everyone always want to talk to you about baby stuff! So it's not all bad.

My baby shower is this weekend so next week I've made it a goal to really start getting everything ready - finish the nursery, get the remaining things we still need, pack the hospital bag, etc. Oh and read the 10,000 books that have been recommended to me on getting ready for the baby. lol. No big deal.

In the meantime - you can enjoy my 35 week picture (and enjoy how my little dog Roxy manages to sneak herself into all my pictures)! I have had a good laugh at it myself - so feel free. Everyone keeps telling me how small I am and how you can't tell from the back that I am pregnant. Well they must all be lying through their teeth because now I've seen for myself how I look and realize that I do look like the beached whale that I feel like! And I know that I'm just going to continue to grow and grow over the next 5 weeks or so . . But it's all worth it right?!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

i hear you! i'll be 34 weeks tomorrow and i can't even tell you how much i can't wait to be finished with this pregnancy! i think its because i'm so short or my torso is so short or something, because this baby is taking up so much space, and i'm always uncomfortable and i've started getting heartburn, too, which i've never had with my other babies! oh well.

for the record you ARE tiny. i'm too emabarrassed to even TAKE any pictures of how i look! haha. good luck getting everything ready. have you decided on the name yet?

kristenita said...

you really honestly do NOT look that big. just a cute VOLLEYBALL tummy. it's nice when people say we don't look PG from the back - but I'm sure they were lying a little bit, because my pants still don't fit, so I know there has been some change. (just remember jenny mccarthy's kind words about all this fun!)
TUMS TUMS TUMS & PILLOWS and more PILLOWS are the key to staying comfortable... almost there - you can do it!
and your dog is so precious!

heidi said...

you look so great! and another GREAT pair of prego jeans. lucky girl. i am already wishing for jeans that will flatter my burgeoning belly and make me not feel or look pregnant. i think that are called sweat pants...

Kristen Michele said...

You look great! And TINY :) I was always told I was so tiny too, but I felt huge!!! I was always just glad that I could fit into my jeans again once I left the hospital. Hopefully the next 5 weeks fly by for you. And I read what your other friend said about the Jenny McCarthy books. Those are sooooo great! I've read them all.