Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Fiesta Bowl - Best Game Ever!

My dad and brothers Tysen and Kevin came into town for the New Years Weekend. My dad got us all tickets to the Fiesta Bowl being held at the new University of Phoenix Stadium. He even had some extra so my uncle Vern, cousin Jed and his wife Steffani were able to come with us. Boise State and Oklahoma State were playing. We had awesome tickets that were 8 rows up behind the Oklahoma State goal post and had a good mixture of Oklahoma and Boise State fans around us. Kevin and Tysen even managed to score some seats right on the front row behind the goal post from half time on since no one was sitting there. We decided ahead of time to cheer for Boise State since we know the WAC conference better and they were considered to be over-rated with their undefeated record. Boise held a solid lead right up until the last 2 minutes of the game when their quarterback threw an interception that led to a touch down and Oklahoma taking the lead. What happened next was something I have never before witnessed personally in a game! Boise State tied the game by completing a hook and ladder play and then in overtime completed a Statue of Liberty play to win the game. Check out the video at: http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/bowls/fiesta. It was Rob's first college football game and by the end of the game - I think we were all jumping up and down and cheering for Boise State at the top of our lungs. I managed to lose my voice with the addition of my cold. And I thought the BYU/Utah game couldn't be topped . ... I was wrong!

Here are some pictures from the game:



2 comments:

Christianne said...

I can't believe you got to go to that game - we watched it on TV and it was great. The best game of the year. You always get to go to the good ones. I am jealous

Emily C said...

y'all are quite the football family!! looks like y'all had great seats! how fun!