Thursday, January 11, 2007

Why my dogs are crate trained

When we first got our puppy Max - I looked into all the different methods of house training. After much review, I finally decided that crate training was the way to go! Both Max and Roxy were house trained really quickly with this method and really love their "beds". We put them in their beds whenever Rob and I are not in the house and at night time. And they are both known to hang out in there at other times. People always ask us why we still crate train them when they are house broken. Max actually could be trusted to be left alone in the house - he is lazy enough that he would just plop himself on the couch and sleep all day. Roxy on the other hand is a different story. I came home today after work (I go home and let them out every day for lunch) and saw this in Roxy's cage:





So I had my answer on why my dogs are crate trained. This was Roxy's bed that she completely ruined. I would be furious if this was my couch!

2 comments:

heidi said...

then you will be extra EXTRA glad that you have them crate trained. meatball goes anywhere and he discovered diapers when reagan was born. new and used. we are now very careful about diaper disposal.

Ted and Hilery said...

We can now leave Wally out of his crate at night or even when I go to the grocery store. He is 2 and has finally stopped chewing things. But we still put him in his "bedroom" most of the time!