Thursday, February 08, 2007

15 More Hours of Paid Employment

I'm down to 15 more hours of paid employment (unless baby girl decides she wants to arrive tonight). It's pretty crazy to me. I've had a job ever since I was 15 years old (and did babysitting before that). So that's about 11 years of employment behind me. Starting tomorrow at 4 p.m. though - I will no longer be employed. I know I will still be working and being a mom but it's kind of strange that I will no longer be getting a paycheck! Everyone says that it doesn't matter because you will get paid in other ways by staying home to raise the kids. I know what they mean by that but I still think it's going to be hard for a little bit to not get a paycheck! Even though Rob and I share everything anyway - I always felt a little more justified in some of my spending because I went to work 40 hours a week to buy things. ha ha. I guess I just have some mixed emotions! Plus I've been so lucky at this job I've had for the past year and a half. They have treated me so well here and I really can't complain. I mean I'm sitting here blogging at work and no one cares. :)



In other news - today is exactly one week until this little girl is due. I'm beginning to question if she is even going to arrive on time! It seems like everyone else I know that was due in February has already had their little babies (congrats again Jess!). I've been sick this week with a nasty cold so I'm actually ok with her not making her arrival right now. But Rob is getting really excited. He calls me at least 3-4 times a day just to see if I'm having any sort of contractions. Every night he asks why we aren't eating more spicy foods too. I keep telling him that she'll come when she is ready but he thinks there should be more that I can do!

2 comments:

Will and Natalie Giddens said...

How exciting that you only have a few more hours of working in an office! I can only speak for myself, but I LOVE not having an office-type job anymore. I'll take being home w/Everett any day of the week (well, most days :-)

As for tricks to induce labor (most of which I'm sure you've heard by now) try walking tons, eating eggplant, or having sex. I know different people who swear by each of those. As for me, I was at the gym walking on the treadmill when I went into labor, so go figure!

Kristen Michele said...

It's almost time :) I've been checking your blog everyday to see if you've had her or not. Get lots of rest and her time will come.