Monday, February 12, 2007

Induction

I managed to get squeezed into the doctor this morning after I called and told them about my weekend of contractions. The doctor told me that I could go over to the hospital and break my water right then and there but I would probably have a really long labor. Or I could wait and see if I go into labor in the next few days on my own with a backup plan of being induced on Thursday. So my induction is scheduled for Thursday morning at 5 a.m. (yikes!!) I am relieved to maybe have an end date in mind! And the doctor said to keep going about my normal activities until my water breaks or my contractions get to the point where I can't breathe through them. So looks like this little girl could very well come on her due date! And I'm just going to enjoy the next few days and not stress too much. Rob now tells me it would be better if she waited until Thursday to come. I told him he shouldn't say that because we might end up in the hospital today!

4 comments:

Shae said...

How exciting! I keep checking your blog to see if this baby girl has come yet! Isn't it crazy to think that by the end of this week you will be holding her in your arms?! Good luck!

Jessica said...

i hope you don't have to be induced! i was induced with ethan and it was an all day long ordeal. he wasn't born until after midnight! i think it would be so cute to have a valentine's baby. i know some people (like my sister) think that is so cheesy, but i think its cute. good luck to you. i can't wait to see when you have her. :) oh and have fun not being at work today!

Kristen Michele said...

Yay! I also keep checking back today to see if you've headed to the hospital yet. I'm sooo excited for you! Little girls are sooo much fun. I remember how anxious I was for Mariana to get here! I didn't like waiting. But you're almost done. Anytime or day now :) I can't wait to see pictures of her.

kristenita said...

good luck!
I can't believe your OB didn't send you to the hospital right then... nice to have a date planned out though!
:)