Tuesday, February 06, 2007

The Waiting Game

This whole pregnancy I've tried to not be anxious and I've been trying to prepare myself for this little girl to come late the whole time. . . but now that it's so close to the end - it's really hard! I am beginning to think this little girl is very comfortable in her home and doesn't want to come out. And I really can't even complain - I have another week and a day before her due date is even here. I think it's just because all the girls that I have gone through pregnancy with are all having their babies! My good friend and coworker Amy had her baby this morning (we had the same due date) and my friend Christina had hers over the weekend. I want my little one here! I had a check up today and the doctor told me I'm completely thinned out and about as dilated (between a 3-4) as he sees first time moms get before they go into labor. So I guess that is good? He said maybe he'll see me at the hospital before next week. Otherwise - next Wednesday (Valentine's Day) he will strip my membranes and see what happens. Here's praying that she starts thinking about coming!!

6 comments:

Will and Natalie Giddens said...

It IS really hard to wait! Especially when you feel so big and so ready for your little gal to come. As my due date got closer, I resigned myself to the fact that Everett was never going to come - and then he was born on his due date - go figure! Here's to hoping you have this little girl before Valentine's Day!!

Jamie & Johnny said...

Wow, you are really good. I wasn't that dialated at all. I went in 2 days before my due date and I wasn't even a 2. I remember the doctor telling me to "not be discouraged" He had never heard of "a woman being pregnant FOREVER". It's so true though. This is something you need to remember for the next week and next year of your babies life...IT DOESN'T LAST FOREVER! Good luck and keep us posted as to what happens. I bet for sure you won't go past your due date, but if you do, it won't be much longer after that.

Kristen Michele said...

Yay, I can't wait!!! Here's praying that she comes soon :)

kristenita said...

it's hard to wait - I thought the same thing! but at least you are effaced & dilating... I was not even 1cm 2 days before my dye date, but ended up in labor the next day!!! at 5am. so it can happen quickly when it decides to happen.
REST UP & EAT LOTS & PAMPER YOURSELF BETWEEN NOW & THEN. she will be here soon - really!

Emily C said...

jess just had her baby this morning - 21 days early. It's totally baby time! Everyone is either due soon or pregnant. hope she comes out soon! I'm dieing to know what her name will be!

Anonymous said...

Girl, everyone's experience is different. Here's a little story to help put it in perspective . . . I was 10 days late, and never had any labor symptoms. Even after being induced (well, they tried anyways) I never dilated or effaced, we had none of that. My little girl came out by force (c-section :) and it was still wonderful. My advice, take this time to rest and talk to all your friends because after the baby comes, you won't have energy for that! Good luck and I'm sending labor wishes your way!