Saturday, March 31, 2007

Old Friends and Conference Weekend

This weekend has already been a good one and it's not even over yet! Yesterday I was able to meet up with my old friend Amber. We were roommates in Rogers Hall together the summer of 1998 and it was seriously one of the best summers I have ever had - so I have lots of fond memories of her and those days. Amber and her husband and little boy live in Tucson which is only about an hour and a half to two hours away from where I live. In the 2 1/2 years that they've lived here though . . . we've never managed to get together. But finally on Friday it worked out! (Thank You to Rob for letting me be a Stay at Home Mom!) Amber, Luke (her husband) and Jackson were coming up to the Phoenix area to do some shopping at Ikea and decided to make a whole afternoon of it. So we met at my favorite gelato place in town - Angel Sweet - catch up a little bit. It was so fun! I just wish she lived closer. I would put a picture of us from that summer in here but my scrapbook of freshman year was stolen when I went on vacation to Florida after the year - so I really don't have that many!

Today was a fabulous day of conference and I was really excited for this afternoon session because President Monson talked about my aunt Misti! If anyone was listening or watching - President Monson talked about the little blonde girl in the balcony that knew she would get her answer by going to Conference. Misti is my dad's youngest sister and my favorite aunt on that side. Plus she has the cutest kids ever and another on the way! It was exciting to me to hear that story and to be reminded again how a decision at age 8 can make a difference for the rest of your lives and for other generations to come.



My Aunt Misti, Uncle Bob, And cousins


In between conference sessions - my sister in law Erin gave me a much needed hair cut. Thanks Erin! I don't feel nearly as frumpy anymore. :)

And during Priesthood session - Nicole and I met up at Red Robin for a little gab session and some yummy food. I never get to go there since Rob isn't a huge fan of the place. And Ellie was nice enough to sleep the whole time and let us talk.

Oh and Ellie slept 6 hours straight last night! I think that is definitely helping my mood today. I woke up in a panic after 6 hours wondering if I just didn't wake up when she was crying earlier but I'm pretty sure I would have heard her since she sleeps right next to my bed in the bassinet! Let's hope she keeps up this good sleeping.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

6 hours! whoa. that's awesome. i never commented on the last post, but her sunday dress looked so adorable. she is just so cute. does she still try to suck her thumb?

Anonymous said...

white dress in front is perfect age foranal, so hot pulling down the pullups or panties to find a lovely pibnk, tight , puckered little starfish but i want my tongue right up in there first