Tuesday, April 10, 2007

American Idol

I will fully admit to being a very loyal American Idol fan. I kind of kept it a secret for a couple of years but now that it seems like everyone watches the show - I can admit to it! :) My little brother Kevin and I actually went to see American Idol on tour in Arizona a few years back with the Season 4 group. We were both huge Carrie Underwood fans and found some great tickets on Craigslist. This season isn't really my favorite but I just had to make some comments about it. First of all - Sanjaya really needs to get kicked off the show!! I almost want to quit watching because he drives me crazy. If anyone of you watched tonight - he had all these seductive like looks for the camera. Ugh. But he will stay in for a while because there are all these teeny boppers voting for him and of course Howard Stern promoting Votefortheworst.com!

My favorite is actually Blake (have to go for my hometown Seattle boy) and then also Jordin Sparks (the local Arizona girl).


Blake



Jordin



I'll admit that Melinda and Lakisha have great voices but they just aren't American Idol material for me. And Melinda is another one that annoys me - I couldn't put my figure on it until I saw this little bit on the Soup late one night http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjedGvNfvXk . It explained it all for me!

Who are your favorites?

7 comments:

Kristen Michele said...

Yay! Another American Idol fan. I am too. I've watched every year. I'm a huge fan of Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood, both of which I'm proud to say I called them winning from the VERY BEGINNING! The other winners were just alright. I've seen Kelly in concert and she was awesome. I missed Carrie when she came to the Puyallup Fair, but I'll definitely see her the next time. Anyway, Blake is definitely my favorite guy. Not just because he's from the area, but he's just great! I also really like Jordin. I was a fan of Lakisha at first, but she's kinda gone downhill lately. And something has always bothered me about Melinda. She's an amazing singer, but she just doesn't sit well with me. I would love to see Blake win. But I think will Melinda will. And don't even get me started on Sanjaya! I hate the boy. He should have been gone WEEKS ago. I was really upset to see Gina go. She was also my favorite girl. No way she should have left before Sanjaya. I'm almost embarrassed that he's from here :) Well, I'm off to bed. I'll have to catch you on Gmail Chat soon. I haven't been on soooo long!

Christianne said...

I love Blake too - he is my pick to win. I have seen that most of the movie stars like him - he is j.lo's favorite and the girl who plays Carrie on King of Queens. I have loyaly watched every season :)

Jamie & Johnny said...

That video was perfect. I agree with you and I'll admit, I'm a fan as well. :)

The Blakes said...

That video was great!

Rob and Sarah said...

Blake is my favorite because he is different. While I think that Melinda, Lakisha, and Jordin all have great voices, they just are not as original in my opinion. I can not stand Sanjaya and wonder how he even made it into the final rounds. I am completely baffled as to why he appeals to anyone even the teens. It is frustrating to see more talented singers leave before him. Even though I have watched since Season 1, I never vote. But with Sanjaya still being on there driving me crazy, I now vote hoping that it will help.

Jessica said...

we LOVE american idol. although i agree with you that this season is not the greatest. i actually really like melinda! she's the only performer who consistently gives me goose bumps when she sings. i like blake, too, but he just looks/reminds me of someone i know so much that i can't quite handle him. but i definitely think he has the most "contemporary" and "current" sound quality, which simon is all about so i'm sure he'll do well.

wow, this was too long, so i won't even comment on sanjaya!

heidi said...

i am not a huge american idol fan, but i love to watch the results show to see who gets kicked off.
but i LOVE the soup! and i LOVE when they make fun of american idol and ryan seacrest! joel mchale! my secret crush.