Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Bath time!

So I need some advice from other mom's on how you made newborn bath time more pleasent! Ellie absolutely hates when we give her real baths! I can wash her head without her getting upset but something about her whole body being wet - you would think we were torturing her. It makes me so sad! I'm getting to be really fast at it though since she screams so loudly.


Really sad right after bath time


She is growing like a weed! Last week I had to take her into the doctor since she has acid reflux and at 6 weeks she was already tipping the scales at 9 lbs 12 ounces. The doctor was impressed since she started out at an even 6 lbs. I think chubby babies are so cute - I'm just worried about her skipping through all these 0-3 month clothes that just barely started to fit her. So every day is now a cute dress day! The reflux problem is getting a little better but I think we'll have to try one more medicine first. I just feel bad since she is quite a happy baby until we feed her and then she screams/cries for the next hour because she is in pain.



Look at how chubby her cheeks are and the double chin (for some reason it's cute on babies!)



Last week she started smiling at us a ton but I haven't managed to catch it on camera yet but hopefully soon since they are coming more and more frequently!

7 comments:

Aaron.Shara.Abby said...

Since I don't have a baby, I am not an expert at baths, but I do know a little. When my sister had her first baby, he hated baths, but when my mom came down to help her, she gave him a bath and he absolutely loved it. My sister was so afraid that she would burn him with hot water that she wasn't getting the water warm enough. Once my mom gave him a bath, he has loved it ever since. So...maybe the water is not warm enough?? Good Luck!!

The*Evans*Family said...

Okay, so I've been a bath expert for about 18 months now. I would only expose the areas I was bathing at the time (one leg, next leg, one arm, etc.) I did his head last. That way he wasn't cold and feeling exposed. There's my advice.

The Blakes said...

Ty doesn't enjoy baths either, but we have also figured out that if we just expose and wash one part of his body at a time, he's not so miserable. And make sure the water is nice and warm. Good luck!

kristenita said...

chase hated his baths until I warmed up the water more. I think we were using too cold of water at first. (but all the books/nurses freak you out about scalding your baby!) it's as warm as I would like it...
also, I put a washcloth on his tummy and pour the warm water over it so it stays warm.
I talk to him the whole time & explain. and rub and rub and rinse and rinse.
(you could also try bringing her into the shower with you - but this is safer with 2 people since wet soapy babies are SLIPPERY!)

Jamie & Johnny said...

Okay, here is my advice, it might help or it might not. What do you put her in now? Does she have a baby bath where she is not completly submerged? I don't think they like being completly in the water. Make the water warm before she enters, turn off the water before she gets in. Sometimes the loud noise of the water running is scary and really loud for babies. Keep talking to her and give her something to hold onto. Those are my tips. My son loves his baths. Good luck.

Heather said...

Just a thought on bathing, Colby hated baths also then, we discovered that baby shampoos and soaps irrated his skin, plus the water dryed him out. We bought Aveeno baby wash and that helped a lot with the baths, he still didn't like them, but they became more of a fuss instead of a full fledge scream! On the other hand our second child loved baths pretty much from the beginning and is scary around water:)

Anonymous said...

let me lick herpussy she will be happy then