Sunday, April 15, 2007

Primary Weekend

Since having Eliza - I feel like I've been slacking in my calling as Primary President . .. luckily I have fabulous counselors who I knew I could count on while I was on my little break. But this weekend I got back into my calling full swing! Saturday morning we had a Primary Activity where they kids rotated to different stations and did different activites that related to things found in the Book of Mormon. They made paper boats to sail in some water (like Nephi building his boat), they buried swords in the sand, raced with the Title of Liberty, etc. They seemed to have a lot of fun and I had a great time laughing with them. Rob was nice enough to stay home and watch Ellie for me.







Sunday I had to do Sharing Time in Primary and we had a great lesson about Jesus Christ being our life preserver. It was a fun one since I was able to bring in some life jackets for visual aids and we did an object lesson with some water, salt, and eggs. And we had some good laughs from some kids comments. I know we shouldn't laugh at prayers but sometimes they just say the funniest things! I love my calling.

Eliza really started to smile a ton this weekend and coo at us. Rob admitted that her smiles just make him melt - which is pretty much the perfect way to describe it. It seems like all we have to do is look at her and she smiles now. I love it. And it's really making waking up in the middle of the night so much easier when she is grinning up at me! I still can't seem to get this smile caught on camera though which is driving me crazy butI know it's coming one of these days! This picture that my dad snapped is as close as we've gotten but it's not as good as it gets . .




I had her in an adorable outfit today but turns out that all the girls in our ward have the same outfit. Who thought you could have that problem at this young age? We get to church and my friend Amy's girl Brooklyn is wearing the same dress!! And we find out that 2 other little girls have the dress at home in their closets. Too funny. We're going to take pictures this week of the girls in their matching dresses so I will post it later.

2 comments:

Jamie & Johnny said...

Wow, Primary Pres. hu? As Wayne from wayne's world would say "We're not Worthy, We're not worthy! Looks like fun!

The Blakes said...

My husband has been magnifying my calling for me the last month but I thunk he's ready for me to resume my duties. I'm sure you are great at your calling...what a lot of work it must be!