Saturday, May 19, 2007

Bows

I found a new hobby to get into - making hairbows for Eliza! I went with my friends Amy and Christina the other night to a bow making class. They had us start by making larger bows so we could the concept down. I was excited with how cute the ones I made turned out - although they are way too big for Eliza's head right now (not to mention I don't have the outfits to match them). I need to go back to the ribbon store and get a bunch of ribbon to match her outfits. I figure this will be a good little hobby to do for the summer now that all my shows are ending this week (anyone want to talk about The Office? Rob won't admit this but he thought it was so cute that he rewound our DVR to watch the ending again). This and my scrapbooking that I'm way behind on!!



In other news - we finally bought Eliza her own Bumbo chair. She doesnt like being in it for long periods of time but seems to enjoy it. I had to go to 3 different Targets before I finally found this green one. Every other store seemed to only have pink and purple and I wanted something that would work in case we get some boys in the future.





Although this baby looks like it is having more fun in its Bumbo chair:

And I've discovered that I have a great little night sleeper on my hand. I've been putting her to bed aroujnd 7- 7:30 pm and she is sleeping until 5 a.m.! I'm not too thrilled about waking up at 5 am but she's almost sleeping for 10 hours and that's fabulous. She goes down without a fuss so far. The naps are a whole different story though! I can't seem to get her to take an afternoon nap unless I'm running around in the car. I took her to the mall yesterday afternoon and between the car rides and pushing her in the stroller - she slept for 4 hours straight. This could be a really bad thing for my shopping addiction!

5 comments:

heidi said...

cute bows! i can't wait to get started on making girl stuff!!!
seriously, the office was one of the BEST this season! why do i always feel bad for michael when he is so obviously a pig?
and the jim/pam deal, WOW! thomas says he's not sure that it is supposed to be a "datedate" that jim set up with pam, that he was just trying to rekindle friendship. but guys don't say DATE unless there is the possibility of handholding and face kissing! and that is my two cents!

The Blakes said...

Which Target did you find the green one at? I need green (or blue) for my little guy! I'm so envious of Ellie's sleeping schedule. It seems like we've been on the verge of a full nights sleep for weeks now, but he's still inconsistent.

Anonymous said...

I want a bumbo really bad, but I want to find a cheap one... I guess I should just go get one.

yay for good sleeping! and not fussing! and I hear you on the nap problem... chase still only stays down for about 30min naps.

Shae said...

Your bows are so cute! My mom and I are obsessed with making bows right now too! It is so fun! Ellie is so cute and I'm glad she's sleeping well at night...With Kara naps took longer to happen but when they started getting regular they were the best! It is so nice to have a good routine. Is she sucking her thumb? That is adorable!!

Anonymous said...

so hot changing them fronm a thumb sucker to a cocksucker and watch them keep flicking their tiny tongue out to lap up all thecum