Sunday, May 27, 2007

Clumsy

I don't know if this is a normal part of motherhood - but I seem to be really clumsy since Ellie was born! I seem to trip over things that aren't there (remember Jen when I made fun of you for doing this?) and other crazy things. Last week I totally tripped over my dog (not that hard since both dogs like to be right under your feet no matter where you go in the house - the joy of pugs) and I almost sprained my ankle trying to make sure I didn't drop Eliza. Today was the capper though. We have to go to a family bbq tomorrow for Memorial Day and I was assigned to bring something to share . . . so I was making Nicole's recipe of Scrapbook Salad. Well Rob was really sick this morning so he was laying down in the bedroom and I was cooking the pasta for this salad and Ellie was in her Bumbo chair watching me. I had put the strainer in the sink and I was trying to hurry because Ellie had just started crying hysterically which is really unlike her to do. I shouldn't have been hurrying though because the strainer tipped and boiling hot water ran over the sink and onto my leg below. I started screaming (which I don't even really remember doing) and Rob comes running in thinking something happened to Ellie and he was relieved at first until he sees me standing there with tears running down my face. It was very painful! Somehow I managed to only burn my knee cap and right above my knee on one leg but it was torture. My mother in law brought over a bunch of burn stuff that they had at their house (my father in law had a radiator blow up on him last year when he was trying to fix something) and it's helping and now I just look like I sunburnt that part of my leg. It's swollen and painful but I think I'll be ok as long as I don't brush up against or anything for a few days! And my screaming at least made Ellie stop crying. I think I scared her half to death! I really need to work on this clumsy thing though - I can't even blame it on sleep deprivation when my little girl sleeps 9-11 hours every night.

3 comments:

Nikki said...

I get SO clumbsy after having a baby! I'm just barely starting to get better. A couple months after having Rory, I was walking down the stairs with her and overguessed the step and slid down the flight of stairs on my knees. They were so bruised but I felt so proud that I hadn't let go of Rory! I fell several times after that but was always able to hold on to Rory. But compared to that, the braincell problem is MUCH worse. It's humiliating how stupid I get.

JTA said...

Is it the baby thing? I dont know my name half the time. Sorry about your leg. I love the pictures. Eliza is a doll. I have a coupon for target studio, I hope it goes better. I haven't had any portraits taken and Beckham is 7 months. Im a bad mom, but you have inspired me, so we are going in!

Unknown said...

Lachelle,

Hey i got your comment on my blog and I was so happy that you wrote one. But you didn't leave your email address. I'm so happy for these blogs. I have read up on yours, and life seems great for you. abramssam@gmail.com is my email address. it would be great to get yours. Sammy