Saturday, May 05, 2007

Happy 20th Birthday Elder White

One of the advantages of having my brother Kory serving in the same state that I live in is that I am actually able to see him occasionally! We got permission today to take him and his companion out to lunch since it's his 20th birthday tomorrow. Unfortunately we didn't find out until late this morning that we were going to be able to take him out to lunch today so Rob and I both look a little scary in these pictures since we got ready so fast! The last time we saw him was when he was serving in Glendale last summer. He was transferred up to the Indian Reservation for the majority of the winter (and it's FREEZING up there) and just barely was transferred back to the West Valley of Arizona in time for the hot summer. It was his first chance to meet his first neice Eliza and pretty humorous at first since he didn't really know how to hold a baby. But he did great once we showed him and even held her for a little while during our lunch. The plan was to go to Outback Steakhouse but turns out they don't open until 3 pm (who know?). So we went to Lonestar Steakhouse instead. It was great to see my brother again and know he is working hard and having a great mission. And since him and his companion are zone leaders - they are lucky to get a nice air conditioned car to drive around in (which I'm sure they will really appreciate as the weather is getting hotter each week). He has reached the halfway mark (he was in the MTC on his 19th birthday) so just one more year left! Pretty crazy how fast that year went for me anyway. My baby brother Kevin is expecting to get his call this week - so lots of fun stuff going on.



2 comments:

heidi said...

where did you get that CUTECUTECUTE long shirt?

Emily C said...

you have such a cute family - you guys look great with the baby!!

My little bro finishes his mission in September. I can't believe it goes so fast! he is our first boy, so its been a cool experience for us all.