Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Picture Day

I decided last week that I was going to take Eliza to get 3 month, 6 month, 9 month and 1 year old pictures done this year. I got a coupon in the mail for Target Portrait Studio and since I love Target . . . I figure I would try them out for the 3 month pictures. I really wasn't expecting too much because I know Eliza doesn't exactly smile on cue yet. Although she smiles a ton! But I scheduled our photo session for the early afternoon when she is usually very happy and planned the naps and feeding schedule around it. When we got there for our appointment she was all smiles at everyone talking to her and was very happy. BUT they were running 30 minutes behind. Well in baby terms - they might as well have been running hours behind. By the time we got in there she was not a happy camper! And then I wasn't really too impressed with the photographer because she didn't seem fast enough. Like Eliza would smile but she would be delayed on taking the picture - which is a problem I have but I would expect a "professional" to be a little better at this! By the end Eliza was ticked off and in tears because they started late and it was her nap time. So I ran to the car and fed her and had her asleep in the 20 minutes they told me it would take to get my pictures available to view. It made it easy to not spend a ton of money since the pictures didn't turn out fabulous! Although the pictures they had me in with her (which I wasn't planning on) turned out the best. So for selfish reasons I bought a sheet of those ones. I don't have many pictures of me and my mom or really my mom with any of us kids because she was always the one taking the pictures . . . .so I have a personal goal to make sure that I always have at least some pictures of me with my children. I won't be able to pick up these pictures until the end of next week which seems like a really long time for digital stuff. So overall - I really wasn't too impressed with the Target Portrait Studio. I think I will try Sears/JcPenney for the 6 month pictures! I've heard great things about Kiddie Kandids but I'm scared that they might be out of my price range. But I think I will try them around 9 months or the year mark when hopefully Eliza will smile on cue!

3 comments:

heidi said...

i too have tried to get 3, 6, 9, etc pictures of reagan. i have been to olan mills, jc penney and portrait innovations. the portrait innovations ones were by FAR the best. normally i would spend around $20 for the package. i figure, who really wants a picture of reagan beside family? well after going to portrait innovations, i spent a TON, think 3 digits, and still have about half to give away or frame. and that is my story.

Heather said...

Join the Newborn club (it is free) at Kiddie Kandis, you get free newborn announcements a discount on your 3, 6 months and 9 month pictures. Then a free 8X10 on her birthday for the first year up until she is 5. They really aren't anymore price wise than the other places once you include sitting fees etc.. We did Sears for Colby's 9 months and were very unimpressed. We have been amazed at the smiles Kiddie Kandids gets out of the babies before they are 4-5 months old!! Check them out it is just $15.00 for a sheet with no other obligation. Plus you get the picture that day.

The Blakes said...

I have heard similar horror stories about Target and Walmart. My sister swears by JCPennys, but I hear the places in the mall are the best. Maybe it's worth the money? Let me know, I've got a 3 month mark approaching myself!