Friday, May 25, 2007

Target Portraits

I picked up the 3 month pictures we had taken of Eliza today. I'm really glad that the Target Portrait Studio isn't really affiliated with Target because I love that store and don't care for the Portrait Studio. They told me that I could come between 1-4 to pick up my pictures. Well I got there (this particular Target is a good 20 minutes from my house) at 1:55 only to find that they were closed from 2-3pm for lunch!? (You would think they could have told me this over the phone?) And of course they had started their lunch 5 minutes early that day! I wasn't really fond of driving home and coming back another day for the pictures - so I ended up going to the Home Depot down the street to get some supplies for our house project on Memorial Day and then ended up going back to Target and feeding Eliza in the car before she threw a fit. Not fun when it's 100 degrees outside - even with the air conditioning blasting! Anyway - here are the 3 sets of pictures that I ended up getting. I'm going to give Kiddie Kandids a shot for the 6 month pictures because these just aren't my favorite. The only picture she was smiling in shows her with a major double chin! Good thing that is cute on babies. And I should have gone with a different hairbow . .. live and learn though - right? I had to scan them in and haven't cropped them yet so sorry for the extra white space.



4 comments:

Jessica said...

well, its a good thing she's cute regardless of the photography studio. i had the WORST experience EVER with target about 3 years ago. we had all gone home to new orleans for christmas and i had probably 3 or 4 rolls of film to develop and since we got a target gift card from my mom for christmas i thought i'd save money on developing them and used target instead of my usual wal-mart. they completely RUINED the film and the pictures. i don't know what they did but the pictures were almost black and really grainy and since the negatives were ruined i couldn't take them elsewhere to re-develop them. i was so mad. and they didn't even comp anything.

so, i learned a lesson and have decided to never do anything with pictures and target ever again. i've used kiddie kandid for all of my kids pictures and they do a great a job. even for 3 month olds. here in cincinnati they only have the picture people. i just took sophie in and they did a pretty good job too. okay, i'm done with this novel!

Nikki said...

I think those pictures of you and Ellie together are incredibly cute! I don't see how they could be any more spectacular. But I understand your frustration with mediocre photographers. I just went through a nightmare experience with JC Penney Portraits. I'm so fed up with them. I've heard lots of good things about Kiddie Kandid's so I think I'm just going to go there and try it out.

Christianne said...

I agree the ones of both of you together are DARLING. You look beautiful - I can't believe you weren't expecting to be in the pictures looking like that. Nice makeup and everything. I am impressed. I haven't been impressed with any picture place - I am scared of Kiddie Kandids cause they are just students not professional photographers. My family always used Olan Mills but I guess they aren't around anymore. I have to get three months taken soon and who knows where I'll go I am thinking I'll try out Sears...

Uffens Family said...

Lachelle- those pictures are absolutely adorable! You just did some great advertising for Target! I especially love the pics of you and Eliza! Makes me get the itch to go get some pictures taken??? :)