Sunday, June 24, 2007

Bring on the Heat

So it hit 115 degrees in Phoenix last week. Yes - you read that right. 115 Degrees in JUNE!!! We expect it in August but June is just way too early for that kind of temperature. Rob has been going to work at 5 am just to not have to work too late in the heat. Poor guy! And since we have no pool of our own - I basically have been camping out in our air conditioned house (or at the mall but we don't tell Rob that one).

I'm excited that this day is finally over! I had to give a talk in church today and for the last 2 weeks it has been consuming my thoughts completely. For once though - I really wasn't that nervous ahead of time. I was the high councilman's speaking companion and the theme was the Primary theme of following Christ in Faith. It helps that I have been studying this topic for the last 6 months in Primary! I'm relieved that it's done and now I can get onto my summer reading again. I picked up the book "Twilight" that is all the rage right now but made myself wait to start it until after my talk today. I can't wait!!

I watched my friend Christina's little girl Elaya tonight while her and her husband went to a fireside. She is a very easy baby but it still made me grateful that I didn't have twins for the first one. Rob was doing some stuff for his calling and I was trying to balance my baby who wanted all the attention and still pay attention to easy going Elaya! I took a few pictures of the girls and they immediately started holding hands - which I thought was pretty cute! Elaya is only 2 weeks older but is sooo much taller that it is hilarious. Her dad is well over 6 foot so it's not too surprising.



3 comments:

Erin said...

Ellie is so cute Lachelle! I love the rolls, just like Logan. I just want to pick her up and kiss her and the hand holding...how cute is that?

Hadley Family Clan! said...

What adorable friends! I love how they are holding hands and you did an amazng job on your talk. Seriously you were amazing and I loved your adorable blouse.

Kerrie said...

Love the little hands together! So cute! I loved your talk too. We were watching Melanie's boys and Josh so it was a bit of a circus at times, but what i did hear was very good. I wish i could have heard it all! :)