Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Rolling Over

Obviously I'm a first time mom because I'm really excited that Ellie finally rolled over today! And not just once - 3 times!! I know every baby does things at a different age but I was getting a little concerned and asked the doctor about it at her 4 month appointment. He told me not to worry and that most babies will roll over between 4-6 months. So even though tummy time is absolute torture in our house (Ellie hates being on her tummy so much that she is usually screaming for most of it) . . .I have been really dilligent about making her do at least 3 - 10 minute "sessions" of tummy time each day. She has been scooting with her legs clear across the room for a few weeks now but seemed to have no desire to roll over. She even rolled over for Rob when he came home too! I'm not in a rush for her to get to the crawling stage but I'm excited for this little accomplishment. :)

6 comments:

Hadley Family Clan! said...

I am happy that she is rolling over and not crawling just yet. It really is amazing with each step your child makes in life. They are all wonderful times, but once they start to crawl it's a whole new world and much harder to keep up with:) Ellie is such a cutie and Brooklyn missed not seeing her today:}

Jessica said...

i'm glad to hear that my child is not the only one that hates tummy time! i hate it, too! sophie does not get a whole lot of tummy time because ethan and grace get so upset when she's screaming and they don't stop badgering me until i flip her back over.

sophie just rolled over for the first time on sunday. i have to say i was really surprised because she still seems so young to be able to do this! i bet ellie will be crawling by the time she's 6 months. thats what ethan did and he started rolling over at 4 1/2 months.

Emily C said...

Hey girl, Hows it goin over there in AZ? surviving the summer heat?

congrats on the rollovers!! :)

lrbodine said...

Jessica - I'm glad I'm not the only one who hates tummy time. It's the worst part of my day because other than that I have a happy baby. But I know she will never figure out how to crawl if she doesn't learn to spend time on her tummy!

The*Evans*Family said...

Every little thing is always so fun and exciting!

Rachael said...

I guess I'm not as disciplined because when Jace hated tummy time we just skipped it :) He likes it a lot better now but he only rolls from tummy to back - he doesn't like the other way. And no scooting yet. Ellie is just growing up so fast! She'll have to come motivate Jace! (although I don't want him to move too badly yet)