Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Speaking of Water

So maybe I jinxed myself by being so excited about our new reverses osmosis system . .. Today I went to turn on my dishwasher that I forgot to turn on last night after I noticed I had no clean forks left. Well it wasn't really turning on right away so I kept pushing the button and finally I hear the water start filling up. No sooner did I hear that sound that I look to the left of the dishwasher and right below our kitchen sink water is seeping out. I open the cupboard underneath the sink and water is gushing out and spraying it seems like from every pipe under the sink. I'm flipping out at this point - I open the dishwasher because I think it's the dishwashers fault but the water is still pouring out and onto the floor. I ran for my phone to call Rob and am yelling at him to tell me how to turn the water off for our house. I drop the phone and tear outside - not caring that I'm wearing a bright orange t-shirt and pajama bottoms that don't match - just to hurry and get the water turned off. Luckily I got it turned off but I return inside to find that my entire kitchen, dining area, and laundry room are now covered in water. I couldn't stop laughing. Who has this happen to them?!? Rob hurried home from a job and figured out that one of the pipes underneath and snapped somehow and my plumbing skilled husband quickly fixed it. What a day though. I guess it took care of my mopping with just a little more water than I needed . ..

3 comments:

Christianne said...

wow - sounds like an exciting day. Crazy that is just happened randomly. I am glad Rob could fix it. Handy man.

Nikki said...

Bummer! Did it cause any permanent damage to your house?

JTA said...

The things we do for good H2O