Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Twilight


Lynsey first told me about this book "Twilight" by Stephanie Meyer when Nicole and I went out to lunch with her a couple months ago. She said it was a book about vampires but really good. I put my name on the waiting list at the library for the book but there were 20+ people in front of me. It seems like everywhere I go lately - people were talking about this book! I went to Borders to find it but it was all sold out. I finally made a purchase of it on half.com and waited for it to come in. Last week it arrived but I made myself wait until after my talk to read it. Good thing I waited!! I could not put the book down!! I really got nothing productive yesterday because I spent the whole day reading this book. I looked forward to Ellie wanting to eat so I could read at the same time and her naps, etc. And then I ignored Rob last night when he got home from work because I just wanted to finish the book. I'm going to have to wait until I get my house completely spotless, my errands all taken care of, etc before I start the sequel!

7 comments:

Nikki said...

How do you get photos like that? Anyway, I couldn't believe how addicting that book was. Wait 'till you read "New Moon". I can't wait for "Eclipse" to come out.

Jessica said...

i love how this book is all of a sudden sweeping through the blogging world! i just read them last week and LOVED them. i've actually already re-read them and i'm eagerly awaiting the third book. i've even got scott to start reading twilight and he likes it so far, too.

anyway, i know what you mean about not being able to get anything done when you read. oh well!

Kerrie said...

Wow. I want to read it just reading about your experience. Thanks! I've been wanting to find a new book.

The*Evans*Family said...

I'm so glad you finally got to read it. I just started re-reading them last week. I'm taking my time now and am eagerly awaiting the release of "Eclipse" August 7th! Let's just say I am going to make a paper chain for a countdown!!

Aaron.Shara.Abby said...

I've heard this is really good as well...now you have me very interested. I'll have to go to the library and check it out to see what it's all about.

Kristen Michele said...

haha, I have this book on hold at the library too! i had heard so much about it. but like you did, i have like 15 people ahead of me. then i went to my mom's house a few days ago and my sister was reading it! my mom got it for her from the narrows view library (since she works there) so i'm borrowing it once she's done! i'm excited; i need a new book to read.

Heather said...

When I get into books, I make myself a rule, One Chapter, One Chore!!