Monday, July 09, 2007

Batteries, Transformers, Birth Certificates

I have to preface that this is going to be a really random post!! :)

On Saturday, Rob and I had a date afternoon and left Ellie with his sister Brett and went and saw the movie Transformers. I wasn't really too excited to see the movie but was surprised at how much I liked it! And I also realized how many little "boyfriends" I had growing up because I remembered all these different things about Transformers from my younger days and all these games we used to play with our transformers.




Unfortunately, we went back to pick up Ellie to discover that once again she had cried the entire time we were gone. She is definitely a mommy's girl (which is nice to be so loved) but I feel bad that others don't get to see the happy side of her that I see all day long. And we're going to quickly lose our family babysitters at this rate. ha ha. It just makes it hard on me to leave her - although Rob and I have a goal of at least 2 official date nights a month where we actually get out of the house. I didn't think separation anxiety hit this young . . .but maybe so? It's just strange when these are people that she has seen pretty much every week since she was born and she was totally fine with them until this last month.



Ellie when she gets mad


We have a few trips this month and it dawned on me this weekend that I never sent away for Eliza's official birth certificate. And you have to have one to fly with a child under 2. Oops! I woke up in the middle of the night suddenly remembering the words of someone in the hospital after I filled out the birth certificate form that they would give me an unoffical copy and I needed to send away for the real one. Not good. I wasn't sure if I was going to have enough time to mail away for the birth certificate - so I figured out where I had to go to get one printed out and braved the blistering heat and headed to downtown Phoenix. It was an interesting place. A great one for people watching if that tells you anything! I was stuck at this place for an hour and the air conditioning was not working. Not a fun place for me to be while trying to entertain Ellie. Luckily she loves watching other kids/babies and there were lots of them! I had a huge headache after leaving that place.

And then my funny story for the day. This morning Rob called me and asked if I could run over to his sister Brett's house and give her a jumpstart. She was borrowing their parents car while Rob's parents took her mini-van to Utah. Well Brett and I couldn't for the life of us find the battery in her parents car. We had a good laugh over that one because I think that is the one part of a car that I can normally find. It turns out it was in the corner and underneath a cap that we would have never looked under. Thank goodness mine is in plain sight!

6 comments:

Christina said...

I flew without a birth certificate. I think you're ok if you're not leaving the country. I didn't even know you had to send for one - I've just been waiting for it to arrive!

Hadley Family Clan! said...

I love your birth certificate story. When I was in the hospital they gave me a form to fill out and a few days later the certificate came. I brought mine with me when I flew and they took down some information. I did go with my sister to get Carter's downtown and it was a bit crazy.

Rachael said...

I think you only need the b.c. if there's a chance they won't believe she's under 2 because I didn't have Jace's and they never asked. I read that on the website the day before we left & freaked out because I had the form sitting in an envelope waiting to mail since last month. I just took the "unofficial copy" from the hospital just in case - but never had to use it. Sorry I'm giving you this info about not needing it AFTER your terrible experience! I mailed the form that day & then by the time I got back from UT it was in my mailbox - they're fast!

Erin said...

Ahh! I don't envy you having to go downtown in the heat. Wish I knew, I would've told you that you don't need it. I've NEVER been asked for one, not even with Adam when he was almost 2. When I buy my tickets I always put that I'm flying with a baby under 2 and if they don't have a section for that then when I check in I tell them I have a lapseat child. Hope your flight went well.

heidi said...

i found that you can also present the child's immunization record as a form of identification. and i have had to present it several times to prove his age. i must look scary or untruthful.

Shae said...

Even when Kara was 10 days shy of her 2nd birthday they didn't ask us for any proof. Maybe we just looked too stressed out or she looks really young for her age!

We went on a date to see Transformers too and I was totally dreading it but I actually liked it too. I am too scared to leave Jared (we don't have family here) so we took him...I couldn't believe he handled the 2 hour fight scene at the end so well. He kept trying to look at the screen!

Im excited to hear about your trips! Ellie is so cute!!