Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Cabinets

I think I'm done boring everyone with my pictures of our trip to Seattle! I've been working on refinishing my kitchen cabinets for the last few weeks. These are what the cabinets looked liked when we first moved into the house (so ugly):






Although we did paint them when we first moved into the house . . they weren't really painted the right way (I didn't do them) and so I finally got around to refinishing them and adding hardware and now I'm pretty happy with the result. And yes they are red . . the same shade as my accent wall in the other room. I just need to get my new countertops put on in August and our kitchen will be finished and ready to sell next year. Rob thinks I watch too many shows on HGTV because I keep telling him that we'll get at least 90% return on whatever we do in the kitchen. And I want to enjoy the new countertops for at least a year before we move!




7 comments:

Will and Natalie Giddens said...

Wow! Those look so good. I love the color red! I think you have a beautiful kitchen and I've got my fingers crossed for you and a big return on your investment!

By the way, the pictures of Ellie on the grass are just too precious. I love the looks on face. Kinda "What's going on here?". She is so chubby and adorable!!

Nikki said...

Lachelle, that's wonderful! I'm so impressed. I LOVE your kitchen and those cabinets look absolutely beautiful. What are you going to replace the countertop with and what color?

lrbodine said...

I'm going to put in a laminate countertop that looks like granite that has black, white, grey colors and a hint of red mixed in. Hard to explain but it should look fabulous!

lrbodine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The*Evans*Family said...

They look great! It is so embarrassing that I haven't been to see your house ever.

The Blakes said...

I am sooo impressed! That was quite an undertaking! I love decorating with red - I have it all over my house too!

Emily C said...

You guys are SOOO handy around the house! Your cabinents look awesome! I love them. I too am obsessed with HGTV - I tivo the majority of my shows from that channel. you're right, you might as well enjoy the countertops. keep the hgtv pics coming! ;)