Wednesday, August 22, 2007

6 Month Check Up


Eliza had her 6 month check up and shots today. She was a real champ with the shots and screamed for 30 seconds and then was fine. I have a little chunkster though! Her stats:

Weight: 17 lbs (50-75%)
Height: 25 in. (25%)

I pulled out my baby book and realized that I wasn't even 17 lbs as a baby until I was almost a year old!! But the height is exactly the same as me. It's a good thing I think chubby babies are cute. And my doctor just reminds me that there are no such things as fat babies anyway (I think he could tell I was a little alarmed at how she has almost tripled in size since birth). I guess I just expected her to stay small since I was always a small baby and she started out at 6 lbs.

In other Eliza news . .. she has finally figured out how to roll from her back to her tummy! She has been doing the tummy to back thing for a while but I was beginning to think she would never go from back to tummy. Today I heard her playing in her crib and I went in and she had rolled herself to her tummy and was grabbing onto the sides of the crib and trying to pull herself up. I'm not ready for that stage yet!


5 comments:

Will and Natalie Giddens said...

I don't think she's chunky at all! She's just adorable and rolly poley, which is cute at her age. Besides, if you want to compare, a friend of mine has a TWO month old baby girl who weighs 16.5 pounds. TWO MONTHS! Can you believe that?!

And yea for Eliza rolling over to her tummy. I think she's at such an adorable age!

Jamie & Johnny said...

Hi! You gotta love the chubs! Trey was super chubby as a baby but he's totally thinning out. He still wears stuff that he wore at 6 months. It's amazing once they start moving...EVERYTHING changes. I warn you now. She's dang precious though!

The Blakes said...

She looks so darling! I like chubby babies too and she is absolutely pinch-able! You dress her in the cutest clothes too!

Rachael said...

What a doll!

rachel @ blackeiffel said...

She is so sweet. Watch out before she starts crawling away!