Friday, August 03, 2007

8 Things

Since Natalie "tagged" me - I figured I better get this 8 things about myself done! It's hard to think of things after my 100 things list though . . . but I will attempt:

1) I like my clothes to be hung according to colors in my closet. And only on white hangers. My whole room can be messy but my clothes will still be organized in my closet.

2) I love to read in fact I won an award for reading the most books out of all the kids in 1st grade.

3) In 3rd grade - my friends and I had a book club. We would sit at each others houses and read books and not talk to each other while we were reading.

4) I used to want to be a children's book writer when I was younger - in fact in 6th grade I won a writing contest and got to miss school for a week to attend "writing camp".

5) I have a lot of pet peeves. Just one of them is crumbs on countertops. Drives me crazy!

6) I really love "boy bands". My friends and I made up dances when we were younger to the New Kids on the Block songs. And then in college a few friends (I won't embarrass them by listing their names but you know who you are) - we rented Backstreet Boys video and learned a dance for our talent show. They are a lot more talented than you may realize!!

7) In high school I was obsessed with A-Rod. My friends and I did many crazy things because of our obsession - to standing outside a stadium for hours to get his autograph to waiting for his car to leave the stadium and following him. Yes - we were pretty much stalkers. And my bedroom at my parents house is still covered in A-rod memorabilia.

8) When I was younger I hated Barbie dolls but loved My Little Pony and playing Transformers and GI Joe with the boys that lived on my street.

Ok - I now tag: Christine, Christianne, Christina, Nikki, Nicole, Kristen, Shalee, and Lynsey!

The Rules
-Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.

-People who are tagged write their own blog post about their eight things and include these rules.

-At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.

6 comments:

Kristen Michele said...

lol, of course I remember your A-Rod obsession! I was there for that :) I remember how big of a deal it was when he played for the Rainiers. There were soooo many people there to meet him.

Will and Natalie Giddens said...

Yahoo!! Thanks for doing that Lachelle. Those were some cute things about you. I'm actually really impressed with the dance moves. I'm so uncoordinated I could never do any boy band dances. Look at that, talented as well as beautiful! :-)

Jessica said...

i have to be honest and admit i have no idea who a-rod is. nonetheless i still enjoyed reading your list. back in the day when i had my own closet, i used to organize my clothes by color as well. i don't know why, but ever since i've gotten married and have to share the closet with scott, there's no rhyme or reason to how i hang them.

and i love to read too. i'm so pitiful that in grade school i used to spend all of recess after lunch in the library reading. technically we weren't supposed to be in there, but i think the librarian must have felt sorry for me.

and i think you should totally try your hand at writing children's books!

Dilly Dally Art said...

Hi Lachelle! This is Liz (Jen's sister-in-law)
Thanks for stopping by... now I am going to go read your blog! LOL By the way, if you are ever in Utah and want a great "Jen's good friend" discount on pictures of Eliza, let me know! www.dillydallyart.blogspot.com

rachel @ blackeiffel said...

I love your list, especially #1, I am the same way. So bummed I missed you guys while you were in town. Next time!!

The Blakes said...

That was really fun to read! I think we all had our boy band obsession phases.