Sunday, August 26, 2007

One of those days

Saturday was one of "those" days for me! It was the day of our quarterly Primary Activity and we had a bunch of fun outdoor water games to play in the 100+ Arizona temperatures. Well, I woke up at 5:30 a.m. to the sound of thundering but it wasn't raining yet so I hoped it was a fast moving storm. I awoke again at 7 a.m. to my phone ringing and heard the pouring rain and my counselor calling me wondering what we should do for the activity. We quickly decided that we were just going to have to move the activity indoors and play games in the gym! So we divided up calling the kids/teachers and went to work. It turned out to be fun for everyone anyway! A member of our Bisopric brought his homemade 'potato gun' and used it to shoot out a ton of balls for the kids to gather up and at the end we shot fruit snacks out of it. The classic games of Red Rover, Red Light/Green Light, Freeze Tag, Line Tag, etc filled out the hour with only a few minor scrapes and bumps on the kids.





Due to the rain, Rob wasn't able to work on finishing up our garage addition . .. so plan B was to install the crown moulding in our front room, dining, and kitchen areas. We spent a little while trying to decide which side was the top and which side was the bottom and then proceeded to get to work. We took a break after a few hours of work and I ran to Home Depot to get some paint. I came back to find our friend that had hooked us up with a good deal on the crown moulding had stopped by and informed us that we had hung all of it upside down! Oops. He tried to make us feel better by telling us that he too had hung it upside down the first time he installed it also. I thought it was pretty funny but Rob wasn't too happy that he was going to have to start completely over! But the great husband that he is - he took it down and fixed it all. We ran out of trim before we completely finished the kitchen but it should be done next weekend when we get the materials ordered. I will paint the trim tomorrow and then take some pictures. It makes a huge difference! Our little house is slowly but surely coming together.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Hi guys! Glad you found us :) Your daughter is adorable - I love her name! I love Ella and Ellie, but unfortunately I won't be able to use them since I think Ella Ellis or Ellie Ellis is kind-of cruel, ha ha! We LOVE our house and our ward. Josh is in Young Men's again - has been since we moved. He's the second counselor. But there's only like 3 active young men in the whole ward, so it's interesting. (Most people out here are young married couples with young children). Anyway, looks like things are going well for you guys. Keep in touch! We will be sure to add you to our list of blogs so we can check up on you again :)

Kerrie said...

I'm glad you had a good day despite the rain. Way to be flexible! That's what working with kids is all about, right!?