Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Another crazy week

Today part of the nightmare that we have been living with the last couple of months is mostly over. We finally were able to sign contracts with Rob's old business partner. Although I'm still a little bitter about how things turned out (we had to agree on a lower amount than the original contract just to get the guy to sign the papers). I just feel like we were totally taken advantage of! Which we really were and I guess I'm just not a very forgiving person right away so it's going to take me a while. Good thing my husband is a wonderful example to me and is very Christlike in that way. Rob finally got to the point where he just wanted it to be over so the contract was signed and hopefully we never have to deal with this guy again. I just have no tolerance for people that are dishonest. We learned our lessons. And hopefully it's not one we have to learn again.

This week has also been hard because my Aunt Tammy has lung cancer and is down to her last few days. I've already seen my mom pass away from cancer so it's really hard to deal with another family member (Tammy is my mom's brother's wife). Although their situations are really different - my heart just goes out to my cousins since I've been in their shoes. And it's weird to have everyone just kind of waiting around for the inevitable.

My dad was able to come down for a day and spend time with the family and see what he could do to help. Ellie had lots of fun with her Grandpa White and even let him hold her all through church on Sunday.

My Grandma and Grandpa Robins (my mom's parents) have been down here for the last week so I had them over for a few hours yesterday to see my house and play with Ellie a little more. We took a picture with Ellie and her Great-Grandparents. She is a little too heavy for them to lift up so she had to sit in between them.


And Ellie is moving around like crazy! She has the funniest crawl going and hasn't ventured out of our little family room but she is getting faster each day and getting into everything she can. Diaper changes and clothes changes are becoming more and more difficult since she is such a wiggle worm these days!

Oh and she started saying "mama" this week! I thought it was just babbling but she only says it to me or when she wants me. It's cute. Rob has been training her to say "mama" first so that when she wakes up - she will call for me and not him. ha ha.

1 comment:

Ashley Dent said...

I am so sorry you guys went through that! What a pain! I'm glad it's over for you though.
How fun is Ellie ( I love that you call her that by the way) That is so exciting that she is crawling and saying "mamma"! What a little over-acheiver you've got! Love it and love your blog!
Oh, and I can't wait to see the bags! I will be home until about 10, you can call me if you want and I can just come by and get them!