Thursday, September 06, 2007

Labor Day Weekend

Since we've been dealing with this business stuff - we obviously didn't really have a chance to go anywhere this Labor Day Weekend. (There will be an update on that later . ..) But we were able to get some more projects done around the house. Here are some pictures of our front room with the crown moulding up:




Ellie has been having fun helping me in the kitchen while I cook and clean. Forget baby toys - all she needs are some kitchen utensils!





And on Labor Day, Ellie had her first experience in the swimming pool! Nicole and Jason invited us over to Nicole's parents house for swimming in their new pool and a bbq with them and her sister Colette and her husband Shawn and Kellen. I wasn't sure how Ellie would do with the water since she just barely started to like baths this week - but she did really well! She loved being in the little raft that we had for her and kept trying to lick up the water. I completely forgot my camera but Nicole took some pictures for me so I will post those when I get them from her. Until then - here is a picture of her new favorite place in the house ... the kitchen sink!

8 comments:

Christianne said...

Fun. Hey where did you get that B on your wall. I want one! Wesley plays with all of my kitchen utencils I can't keep them away from them and when I am baking I can never find them. He always tells me he is making hamburgers...funny kid

The Blakes said...

The crown molding looks great! I'm sure it was a lot of work. I'm finding that Ty is just as happy with a wooden spoon, or the remote control, as he is with any toy. Funny how that works! Hope the business thing is sorting itself out for you - best of luck with it!

Heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather said...

I love the crown molding! So, I realized that our houses look similar in decoration. I have tan walls with a deep red accent wall in my great room (with a clock like yours above the TV), and I even painted our future baby room a mint green before we moved in. In fact, the way Ellie's room is decorated is similar to what I am planning (if we have a girl, of course). So, you have great taste, ha ha :)

Nikki said...

The crown molding is beautiful! I want to do that to quite a few of our rooms in the house. Is it a really taxing project? The table I'm doing is turning out beautifully thanks to your very helpful tips. I love how your wall with the piano, mirror, tables, flowers, and of course that wonderful 'B', looks. So beautiful and relaxing. My kids LOVE taking baths in the sinks (as babies). Those foam bath pads are great, too. Ellie is darling, as usual.

Aaron.Shara.Abby said...

The crown molding looks great. It's amazing what things you can do that totally improve a room! Ellie is growing and looking very adorable!

Shae said...

I LOVE the pictures of her with the utensils...so cute!

Anonymous said...

let me lick hercunt clean