Friday, September 14, 2007

New Job!!

Well the job hunt is over!! Rob accepted a job offer today with Grand Canyon University. (www.gcu.edu) For those of you that don't live in Arizona . . . Grand Canyon University is a private Christian school. They offer campus and online degrees. Rob will mainly be working with the online degree portion (very similar to University of Phoenix). Although he doesn't start working there until October 8th - we are still very excited! Thanks to our friend Josh E for helping us out and introducing Rob to the right person to interview with. :) Rob is very excited to work with some old friends there and to have a real 8-5 job. Not to mention there are a few perks like free tuition, paid holidays, vacation, sick time, etc that we haven't had before with any of his previous jobs. Oh and supposedly the family gets free tuition too? We need to do some more research on that but if that's the case - I think it just might be time for me to get that Masters Degree that I've always wanted. . .. Anyway - we wanted to thank everyone for the prayers that we felt on our behalf this last week. It really did make a difference to us!

13 comments:

Heather said...

Lachelle, you do get free school, which I am currently taking advantage of! :) Congrats to Rob! So, we were thinking of having you guys and the Hadley's over to our house next Friday night, let us know what you think.

Christina said...

That's great! Lucky you got something good so fast!

Jason and Kate said...

Congrats! I only get 80% through UOP with Jason (he gets free tuition). I'm thinking about getting my Masters too. What are you getting it in?

Nikki said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you.

Shae said...

WOW! What a blessing! I always knew Rob married an amazing person...looks like you did too. Way to go on the new job! Congrats! I'm curious what you'd get a masters in too!

AnaleeCuller said...

congrats! lets do lunch soon! we are moving tomorrow so I will call you in a couple of weeks!! love ya!

Christianne said...

Congrats! I am so glad he got what he wanted. It will be so much less stressful now. There are advantages for working for yourself for sure but there are advantages of working for someone else too --piece of mind!!! Congrats!

Heather said...

So I guess this weekend won't work for us after all, Josh has an Elder's Quorum party I didn't know about, but what about Friday the 28th? Let us know what you think. Oh, and we would love to have you bring Ellie, I always love playing with babies! :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats to both of you! That is excellent news.

Rachael said...

Hooray, hooray!

Shanna said...

Congrats!! That is SO great. I'm glad it has all worked out ... :) Love you guys!

Paula said...

Such great news. When it rains it does pour sometimes but it all works out in the end. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

That's great Lachelle. A guy that Ben works with got his Masters from Grand Canyon. I think he did everything online.