Tuesday, September 18, 2007

What's wrong with this picture?

Now that she is 7 months old, Eliza can finally put her pacifier back in her mouth on her own! She seems to be taking longer naps and sleeping better at night . . so I don't know if there is a connection between the two but I'll take it whatever the cause may be. I have to laugh though because many times I come into the nursery to find the scene in the picture below:



It doesn't seem to bother her one bit that it's in her mouth the wrong way! I always thought I would try and break this pacifier habit around six months . . but now that 6 months has passed - I have changed my mind. I really love the pacifier! Although I do try and limit it to just the crib (besides church when it is quite helpful). Funny how you have these grand ideas about how you are going to parent and raise your children and then reality hits in, huh?

6 comments:

Steffani said...

I wouldn't worry about the pacifier thing too much, until they get to like 2 or 3 then I personally think it's a little much. I got lucky though and Hailey broke herself of the habit at about 6 or 7 months she just didn't want them anymore. Alyssa hasn't really seemed to want them very often either, which is just fine with me. How are you doing? I hope things are going well and congrats on Rob's job, even though that's not the post I'm on. =)

Nikki said...

That is so cute. Rory's the same way... I remember when I wanted to wean her off pacifiers when she was still too little to put it back in her own mouth. She would wake up frequently throughout the night because her pacifier had fallen out. But she quickly learned to find it anywhere and put it back in herself. Now she just needs it to go to sleep. I'm fine with that.

Emily C said...

her little smile is so cute.. she is just sooo hugable!! give her a good squeeze for me!!

The*Evans*Family said...

I haven't really had time to check up on blogs in awhile, but yeah for a new job, yeah for Ellie almost crawling and yeah for soothing herself with putting in her own pacifier! Carson never took one, so I don't know what it's like. I'm sure it would be super helpful in church! I loved every stage Carson was in. I really enjoyed him crawling. It's like a whole new world is opened up to them and they can entertain themselves even more.

Spitzer Family said...

At least you can take the binky away-McKinley sucks her thumb-and she's almost 3. Luckily, she only does it usually when she is tired or not feeling well. I think it is slowly tapering off...The pictures and video sure are making me baby hungry!

Anonymous said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm damn sexy buns