Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Supermom

I feel like Supermom lately! Not because of all the things I'm able to get done in a day, or how talented my child is, etc (since I can't really claim any of the above are slightly true) ... But because I think I have saved my child from serious injury about a dozen times in the last 2 days. I went flying across the room to today to save her from the falling fake ficus tree in our living room and saved her from our glass sofa table that she tried to pull down, etc. I had no idea I had that kind of agility! :)

Basically little Eliza is wearing me out lately! Her crawling has really improved and she actually has it completely down now and she's fast. I can leave her playing with her toys in the front room and run to the bathroom and by the time I open the door again - she is right there waiting for me. I really thought my house was child proof but I'm quickly learning that I think the only way a house is child proof is if there is NOTHING in it! Forget trying to get anything done during the day now. I have to watch her constantly and clean up after her in the remaining time.

Today I was cooking dinner and she was crawling around the floor and trying to climb up the fridge (she loves the reflection of herself on the fridge door) and I turned to the stove for a minute and caught her IN the dog's water bowl. Disgusting yes! But also a great picture opportunity. I'm probably a horrible mother but I thought it was pretty funny to see her stick her face in it and then follow that with her hand. (Don't worry - I cleaned her up right after).



We took her to the park tonight for Family Night (yes - it is Tuesday but it's the night that works for us . . ). She LOVED the swing. I tried to capture her laugh on camera but there was too much other background noise. I can't wait for this weather to cool down more next week so we can spend time at the park during the day with some of our friends!



3 comments:

heidi said...

you go to the bathroom with the door closed? you are supermom!
what is the deal with kids loving dog dishes??? when we have kids over, that is always the most exciting thing!

Nikki said...

She is so darling! And I can't believe you're able to have any privacy in the bathroom! My girls don't let me close the door on them for anything! I have no privacy whatsoever.

Having a cat is easier... I just leave a faucet slightly running and let him get his water that way.

Hadley Family Clan! said...

Fun! Fun! Fun! I know people always say how hard it is when there a newborn, but during that time they stay in one spot. Now at Ellie's age they are ALL over. Her and Brooklyn would have fun going all over the place together. She gets into everything and Ellie looks like she's having sooo much fun though:)