Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Tantrums & Speed Crawling

I had no idea that babies threw tantrums. Maybe that isn't the correct word to use but to me - it looks like Ellie is throwing tantrums! So far they happen when I'm trying to change her diaper, put her in her car seat, stop her from going somewhere or put her in her crib. She arches her back and flails and screams/cries. It's the strangest thing to see a baby her age throwing what look like temper tantrums to me since they all revolve around things she doesn't want to do! I just try and distract her pretty quick but I have no idea how to deal with them. And she is such a sweet and happy baby most of the time but then turns into a little monster randomly! Anyone else dealt with this?

Trying to help me with the dishes


First taste of a real pear



Eliza is quite the little speed demon too. I was enjoying that her crawling wasn't THAT fast but I think I spoke too soon. Now I just turn away for a second and have to run around and try and figure out where she went! The other day I went to grab something out of my bedroom and hear her screaming. She had managed to crawl into our little end table and couldn't figure out how to get back out(And of course I took pictures before pulling her out . . .). Add that to crawling into the dog cage, trying to crawl out the doggy door still, getting stuck underneath a chair, etc and she is keeping me very busy!
Stuck!

7 comments:

The*Evans*Family said...

I love that you took her picture first! I did the same thing when Carson started crawling. I could hear him crying one time but see him immediately. He had crawled behind the entertainment center cabinet and just his little booty was showing. I ran for the camera before I saved him. It's the scrapbooker in us!

Hadley Family Clan! said...

Oh my goodness the fun begins! It really amazes me once they learn to get around it is all over for "moms" freedom. I love the fact that you took the picture before getting her out:) I would do the same. I seriously can't believe she is already throwing a fit when she doesn't want to be in her carseat..oh the joys of parenting, but she's just so cute and her smile is precious that you continue to love them and they keep on movin:)

Christine said...

I can't believe that such a cute little angel is already throwing fits. I just ignored them. Kaley would do the same thing and I'd give her a toy, sometimes sing to her and she would eventually stop screaming. The joys of being a parent!

Nicole said...

haha...that is funny. i think most babies throw tantrums. good times. you've been tagged, go to my blog to see what to do...

Christianne said...

Isn't it so funny to see them getting in to trouble. All the entertainment. For the trantrums I always put them to bed when they throw a tantrum-usually they need it. When the two year old ones start he goes in the corner until he calms down. Dylan has thrown them for awhile when he doesn't want to go to bed but he still has too. Tantrums are funny but don't give in - they will just get worse

Uffens Family said...

She looks like she is one adventurous little girl :) Sorry about the tantrums...I wish that they would go away :) The arching of the back is the worst...Annie will just flail herself all over...we have to be careful for possible injuries :)!

Rachael said...

As I was reading your entry I just started picturing how Jace's face gets when he throws his tantrums. I just laugh because it's SO funny to see how mad he gets (I guess I'm a mean mom).