Monday, December 31, 2007

Anniversary and Dog Doors

Rob and I celebrated our 3rd Anniversary this weekend. He was in charge this year (we take turns planning the Anniversary date) and we went to PF Changs to start off with for a nice dinner. He then took me up to the Hyatt at Gainey Ranch in Scottsdale and we went on a private Gondola ride. The hotel is gorgeous and since it was a little chilly - it wasn't a very crowded night. We had a private ride on the water (with candles on the edge of the boat and plenty of blankets piled on for warmth) and our guide sang us an Italian love song. It was a perfectly clear sky and a fun little experience. We had to laugh though becuase we kept blowing people away that we were on our 3rd year of MARRIAGE and not just dating. I know we look young but do we really look that young?! After the Gondola ride we went for ice cream at the Sugar Bowl in Scottsdale. It was a perfect evening! And Ellie was great for her grandparents that were watching her that night which made it that much more enjoyable. Of course my camera was in my diaper bag which was not with me so I have no pictures of the night!

This weekend came the day that I have been dreading. Eliza finally figured out how to get out the doggy door. The first time she did it I was more concerned with saving her than taking the picture (there is a little drop outside the door before our concrete patio). But of course getting a little stuck the first time wasn't going to stop her and it was only a matter of minutes before she was trying it again. This time I had my camera ready.




I really am beginning to think that Ellie thinks she is one of the dogs! She has no desire to walk anymore. She pulls up on furniture and walks around that way and will scoot boxes around and walk behind them but hates when we hold her hands and try and "help" her walk. She can stand up for a few seconds at a time but really would rather be crawling everywhere - probably because she realizes that she is just much faster that way. I thought for sure that she would be walking by the end of the year since she has been crawling since the end of September but just goes to show that these little ones will do things on their own time schedule! Ellie's favorite thing to do is crawl after the dogs and then hold onto them and let them drag her around the house. I am trying to capture it on camera since she just laughs and laughs and laughs when Max lets her do this. I love that my dogs are so good with her. Although I still hate all the shedding that they do!

9 comments:

Christine said...

Happy Anniversary!! You look old enough to be married - there are missionaries out who look like they are Freshman in High School. YAY for your 3rd year!! We are getting close to our 8th year. WOW! We need to get together for a combined date night! Let me know!

Jessica said...

ellie is so adorable. that doggy door shot is the cutest thing i've ever seen! it is funny how kids do things on their own timetable, though. i'm sure ellie will be walking before you know it, and wreaking even more havoc around the house!

Nikki said...

LOL, I can just imagine Ellie holding on to your dogs like that. I'd LOVE to see that video! Coming through the doggie door is hilarious, too. What a cutie-pie.

Happy 3rd! You're such a beautiful couple. And you do look young and fresh. You're so lucky.

Will and Natalie Giddens said...

Three whole years already?!?! Wow, time flies. Congrats!!

And Ellie is soooo cute in those doggie door pictures. She is an absolute doll!

Hadley Family Clan! said...

Fun Annivesary. Ours is in the 3rd of January and last year Joshua surprised me by taking me to the Hyatt and the gondilla ride too. Did you enjoy the opera singing...it made me want to laugh:) I love Ellie's outfit in the picture and she looks so exicted to have a new little door to go outside and play:)

Erin said...

Lachelle, I was laughing out loud b/c that was like exactly the date Billy took me on when we were dating. I came to visit him in AZ when I was at BYU and it was the first time he told me he loved me. The gondola ride was fun but did make me laugh. We still can remember our guide, Brian and he said, "would an Italian love song be appropriate?" We still get a good laugh--good memories. We also went to the sugar bowl, but I think we went to Cheesecake factory that night instead. Glad you had a good time. I wish we got to do more for our anniversaries, good thing you have family to watch Ellie.

The Blakes said...

Happy Anniversary! Taking turns planning a date is a marvelous idea! Ellie is so cute with your dog!

Rachael said...

Happy Anniversary!
At least Ellie has crawling companions :) Jace has been crawling since August and taking steps here and there, but still doesn't seem to want to walk - I think they get so busy faster is better! Especially Ellie with dogs to keep up with.

Spitzer Family said...

PF Changs-I am soo jealous! I love the small town life, but there are just no restaurants!! That's my favorite place...I love the pictures of Ellie in the doggie door! I better not show Mike, he wants a dog so bad!