Saturday, December 01, 2007

Family Christmas Presents


I need some help! Now that it's December 1st, I'm realizing that I need to get going on my Christmas shopping. Rob's family has recently switched to each being assigned a sibling and giving them a present(s) that their whole family can enjoy. While I love this idea and normally can come up with some good ideas - I'm a loss this year! We have his brothers family which consists of the parents Warren & Melissa and then their 4 kids - Lance (8), Eden (5/6), Avery (2 1/2), and the baby Kimbel (6 months). My go-to present was always movies and games for families but they don't play many board games and seem to own about every children's movie. Any ideas?!

Then there are always the parent presents! Why are Dads always so hard to buy for? And I need a good present for my mother-in-law too. Rob won't give me any help since he would wait until Christmas Eve to go shopping and that doesn't work for me. I've tried the - you buy for your parents and I'll buy for mine - but I've given up.

Any ideas would be appreciated. I feel like I've lost my creative side since I became a mom! I thought it would be the opposite . . . .lol

4 comments:

Christine said...

Here is my go to idea for families...get a nice popcorn bowl (you know one that says popcorn on it) a bunch of microwave popcorn, candy and a gift card for some movie rentals.

As for his parents...we always use a really nice family picture in a nice picture frame. Or what about a Statue of Christ. I am full of ideas. When I think of more...I'll email them to you.

Erin said...

I hear you, same goes over here. Billy never helps with presents for any occasion for his family, ie. Christmas, B-days, mothers/fathers day. It is so hard for me too. I would love some ideas as well. I have my brother Brian and his 2 boys--I can do the boys but he and his wife is hard for me. I think I'll do a game maybe. Ahh! But what about for my in-laws? Doing the picture and frame for my parents since that is what my mom asked for. Good luck!
Erin

Jason and Kate said...

We do the same thing in my family. It's easiest when you pick a theme. This year I went with a book theme. I found a bunch of books on amazon or half.com to buy (and even the dollar store). Coloring books to spiderman books. Then I am throwing in a gift card to Barnes and Noble. As for the parents, good luck! I'm still trying to find ones for myself. I feel your pain.

Nikki said...

Parents (grandparents) love nothing more than pictures or the like of their grandchild(ren). Try shutterfly.com... you can make them a calendar with pictures of Ellie or combined with them for the whole year... both Dave's and my parents LOVE this so much they never get rid of the calendars. There are a bunch of other things you could do with this website, too. This year, I found a beautiful glass locket for my mother-in-law that I'm putting two pictures of Alex and Rory in. It's so pretty and you can see the pictures without having to open anything.