Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Fake Crying

Does anyone know how to rotate video clips? For example, I took a short video clip with my digital camera but when I uploaded it to my computer - it's flipped on it's side and I can't get it to rotate so it's right side up. Any ideas? I've tried everything I can think of and have been doing some googling but can't find a solution.

Here is one video that turned out the right way! It wasn't the one I wanted to post but I do think it's funny. Just in case you think I'm mean for posting a picture of Eliza walking and crying . .. I have to give a little background. She has down already what we call a "fake cry". Her fake cry is usually a result of her not getting her way (when we take away cell phones and cameras that she can't play with). She turns on this fake cry but as soon as she is distracted she is done crying and laughing and smiling the next minute. We probably shouldn't laugh but we think it's pretty funny! Notice how upset she seems at the beginning of this video (I took away my cell phone from her) but by the time she reaches me - she's not crying anymore. Already such a personality!

4 comments:

Nikki said...

Aaaaaah, little tantrums. I was so amused when my kids first started to tantrum; they were just so darn cute!... then they got better at it and it wasn't so funny anymore.

I wonder if your digital camera can only record horizontally (and not vertically)?

CJ said...

I had this exact problem last weekend when trying to convert a video of me making homemade sushi. There are several options out there, but few are elegant and easy. Here's the one that worked best for me: http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/products/dvd/Free-Video-Flip-and-Rotate.htm

Best of luck!

Crystal said...

Isn't it crazy how early they start working the system? She is so cute. I linked you to my blog finally so I can remember to check back often. It's good to see how you're doing.

Anonymous said...

If that website doesn't work for you, Dave says our camera software will flip video, so you can send the video to us and he'll flip if for you.