Friday, January 18, 2008

First Steps

For the past couple of weeks - Ellie has been working really hard at taking her FIRST STEPS! Now I don't really know what counts as first steps since I think you could so many different instances. But now that she has been taking a few steps each day - I count them! She has gotten a little bitter with each day and today I even turned around to see her standing there smiling at me and then took 6 steps across the room. Yay!! Granted - she will usually take a few steps or just stand for a while and then decide that crawling is a much more efficient way to get around . .. but it's a start. She hates when we hold her hands and walk around the room for some reason so she is definitely independent and going to be walking on her own time schedule. And one of these days - I'll actually capture the act on camera.

I've been watching my friend Christina's little girl in the afternoons and it's been an adventure. The girls are only 2 weeks apart but so different. I think it's fun for Ellie to have the interaction but she has become very clingy! And I realize that I am very grateful that I didn't have twins. And I also realize that I am definitely not ready for my second one. :) I took some cute shots of the girls playing though:


4 comments:

Ashley Dent said...

Yikes! How do you do it? I really think watching 2 one year olds would be much harder than a one and two year old. You're amazing! Good luck with it!

Alisa said...

Lachelle- I know that everyone tells you the longer they crawl the better(easier). But coming from someone who's first was almost 18 months when she walked and my 3rd was 16 months when he walked (2nd child 12 months), it is so much better to not have to carry them everywhere and they don't get into too much more than a crawler. My babies are heavy and hard to lug around. So good luck on the walking. I was so anxious for my 1st to walk and just as anxious for my 3rd. Oh and that is a good question on the official walking- I have been counting it from when it becomes their main form of trasportation.
I left a message on Erin's blog in response to your crepe's comment. I want to know what the crepe restaurant here in UT is that you went to. My husband read Erin's blog entry and said we don't have anything cool like that here. I need to find this place and take him there! However now that I am in a weight loss contest with Erin and our sis Julie and sis-in-law Kariann, I can't eat that stuff darn it! I left the hummus recipes on my blog like you requested and responded on the comments section to your question about middle eastern restaurants.
She is a doll! -- Alisa

Kerrie said...

How exciting that she is almost to walk. Then she can get into even more things and faster! :) LOL! It really is exciting. I didn't know you were watching Christine's girl. I hope they get along better. That's how Josh and Jamie Tenny were. It was always a love hate relationship but it was good for them both.

Paula said...

Very cute but I have a question. Is Ellie being clingy with you and your attention or is it with toys and things? I ask because that is one of my concerns since Lydia gets all my attention because she is my only one right now that she is going to have a hard time when the second one comes (NOT any time soon though)