Monday, January 07, 2008

A typical day

I call Eliza my "little monkey" these days because she is into everything. Today it was pretty funny what she managed to do before lunch time! It all started this morning when I was making some phone calls in the office and she decided it was time to empty off all of the shelves that she could reach. Notice that she even found a step stool!


Then while I was switching loads of laundry - I went on a hunt for her only to find her sitting in my bathroom surrounded by my supply of feminine products. Sorry if it embarrasses anyone to post this on my blog but I just thought it was too funny.


She emptied out two whole cupboards worth of bowls and tupperware and all of her bottles, sippy cups, etc. Of course we do have child proof locks on these cabinets but Ellie has learned if she pulls on them long enough and hard enough - they will eventually open for her.


We're in the process of trying to sell my little Corolla so I was on the phone with someone about that and when I got off - I couldn't find Ellie anywhere. I was getting a little panicky when I thought to look in the backyard. Sure enough - she had managed to get completely out of the doggy door and to the edge of our patio and was happily playing in the mud (just with her hands). Just so you don't think I'm a bad parent - my phone call was probably less than 2 minutes! She is just a speed demon. She did manage to get out the doggy door two more times today!! I'm going to have to put our locked door on it but I hate to do that to my dogs who love to go in and out.


She also managed to get stuck in between my bakers rack and the wall today. I didn't take a picture of that one since she was freaking out.

Oh and this weekend Ellie climbed up on my bakers rack in the kitchen, pulled down the canister of dog food (on a much higher second shelf) and shoved a whole handful in her mouth before I could fish it out. Since then she has been trying to sneak up on the dogs and steal their food when they are eating! Just goes to show that she will eat ANYTHING.

Pictures taken right after she pulled down the canister of dog food - I think she even has some left in her mouth!



And then this last picture was after I had cleaned her up from crawling around outside and she was waiting for Rob to come home (I am sitting on the couch next to her - but you can't see me).


I should also point out the various levels and changes of outfits that we go through in a day! :) I'm already scared for the walking stage. And I'm tired from chasing after her and cleaning up after her! It's day like this when I'm thankful I didn't have twins.

5 comments:

Christine said...

That totally made my day!! YAY for Ellie! Way to keep your mom on her toes - no slow pokes in your home. It sounds like she had a lot of practice before she made it to Earth. :)

Christine said...

You've been TAGGED - check out my blog for instructions!

Jamie & Johnny said...

Oh she looks like she is having so much fun. Good luck, it only gets worse.

rachel @ blackeiffel said...

What a cute little mover and shaker! I couldn't help but lol :), because I totally understand where you are coming from! BTW, I loved your Christmas card Thanks.

Rachael said...

Maybe her and Jace shouldn't hang out - she might teach him some new tricks!