Tuesday, January 22, 2008

When Dad is Babysitting

Picture 1: View from the sliding glass door of a portion of our backyard. Pay careful attention to the location of the black pipe in the picture. (And please ignore our unlandscaped backyard - it is a pending project).


Picture 2: Ellie in the middle of the backyard after escaping through the doggy door.


Picture 3: Ellie trying to get the dogs to play with her in the backyard.

Picture 4: Dad realizes Ellie is in the backyard and saves her from the rocks she is trying to eat.



She is such a funny child or maybe we are bad parents! You think we would have learned by now about the doggy door escape route . . . and although we have gotten a lot better - it's hard to remember to put it up and down all day to let the dogs in and out. I had asked Rob to watch Ellie while I was in the other room but he wasn't fully listening so a couple minutes later I notice how quiet it is in the house and ask him where she is. I look outside expecting her to be on the patio (the furthest she has made it before we found her) but nope - our little speed demon is in the middle of the backyard and having the time of her life. She cried when we brought her back in. It's too bad we don't have the landscaping done back there so she could enjoy her huge backyard but it's on the bottom of the list as far as our house projects are going right now!

6 comments:

Will and Natalie Giddens said...

I love it! That is a cute story and I'm glad you have the pictures to match. Isn't it amazing how speedy they are at that age?

Nikki said...

She is just so darling. She definitely has an adventuresome spirit and wants to explore her world. What I wouldn't give to have a big backyard for my little girls like you have.

Hadley Family Clan! said...

First off I must say that I LOVE your new look. I don't know why, but I seriosly change my look all the time..I need counseling:0. Your post cracks me up that Ellie escaped in the back yard while daddy was watching her. She was enjoying her time outside with her siblings...the dogs:)

Rachael said...

What a little stinker! That's so cute. I really wish our backyard would be done now too; Jace just loves outside! Thank goodness I don't have a way for him to escape!

The Blakes said...

Too funny! If Ty played at your house, he'd probably get stuck in the doggy door and we'd end up calling the paramedics!

Alisa said...

Funny. I can totally relate! What a cool thing to get pictures of.